Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Adam,

A group of 7 of us did the Amiens French run whilst you were on the Germany run. Unfortunately a day before we set off I had to rebuild a mate's Mugello 185 where the top end bearing play was excessive and it was not running properly, so I had no time to service my TT3.

Thursday morning I jumped straight on it, drove the 225 miles from home to the event, we did a 125 miles rideout to the Somme battlefields and then back home. I never lifted the panel once !!! Best kit out there I would say .....
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

3 of us did the Euro on Avanti's, 900+ round trip. Not one problem, other than my tool box lock falling to bits ? All 3 Avanti's had different setups with different carbs, exhausts and gearboxes and they all performed well. can't praise this kit enough. My kit will have done +10 000 miles and I have another kit ready for another project.
Jazzy

1400+ euro miles.
Twisting in the hertz region or Autobahn all day long, it never missed a beat.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

1200 miles round trip on my Avanti. Not quite as fast as you Adam but superbly reliable. And I also have another kit for my next project. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Good, it seems as though I'm not alone in getting good service from this kit. I'm not in the least surprised to hear it but there is so little published about the kit that it is easy to overlook it.

As I've said a couple of times before, when you think that it has taken 30 years of developing setups and tunes for the TS1 into the kit, I still think that there is potential for this TT3 to develop along similar lines. Similarly, it is a great of the shelf kit with no further work, however, it would be nice to hear more about what people are trying and what results they are getting, from tuning to de-tuning, long strokes, pistons, rods, etc.

TBH the kit doesn't need anymore work for good reliable touring, as our Euro trips support... but that's not stopped me from buggering around with perfectly good cylinders before (lol)!

Adam
Jonhunter
Main scooter: Sx 200

Ive had my kit four years in a mixture of different set ups, it now has a 62mm crank, atomic ultimate reed valve, wossner rm 250 piston , 30mm phbh, supertourer, and a cyclone 5 speed,
I really pleased with this set up, and like you say excellent off the shelf!!
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

Kit no:129 still going in NZ with a JL3 and 35mm mikuni, have thought about buying another one on my next trip back to the uk for another motor.
Loud pipes save lives!!
corrado
Dealer

Adam_Winstone wrote:............. but there is so little published about the kit that it is easy to overlook it.
.... Adam
A definite case of "no news is good news" Adam. 8-)
Adam_Winstone

^... but good news is better still :)
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Agreed, the kit never got a proper write up in 'Scootering' which was a shame as it's certainly up there........... and whilst my mates all rushed out to buy TS1's, I am the only one in our club that has had no motor problems from the build I did 5/6 years ago now for my Avanti.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information