Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Jazzy wrote:As Adam would say, all the parts of an engine working together.
a pipe is only as good as the gearing you run with it and visa versa.
... that does sound like something I would say ;)
OAP
Dealer

New Year “Special Offer”

To Order Only by 1st January 2016

Avanti TT3 Cylinder Kits £100 off

10 kits only @

£450.00 each

Delivery by 15th January 2016

Kits will be ready for despatch by 13th January 2016

Condition of offer :- payment by bank transfer only, place order by email to info@supertune.co
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Oh so tempted. After sorting the rest of the engine my first TT3 has been a joy for the last couple of months. Should really put one in my Series 1.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

any kits left ?
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Send Ron an email. I got one on the way, just need a casing. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bert Oni

Hello, Anyone using an expansion pipe with an Avanti on a Series 2 (with rear runners fitted), if so what is it please?
jonboy
Main scooter: Vespa T 5 Classic

Sorry posted to quick
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Probably a daft question, but does this kit fit on small block cases??
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scooterdude wrote:Probably a daft question, but does this kit fit on small block cases??
Only if it's been altered to take large block cylinders.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Another year of general road use and another Euro Lambretta under my TT3's belt. I'm aware that there were a number of TT3s on the Euro again this year and the others (riders) that I spoke with were very happy and confident in their bike's ability/performance. I ended up travelling with Andy Francis and his group of scoots, which was a lot of fun (good bunch of guys and Helen) and meant that I needed to fit in with their cruising speeds on the motorway, which was the same that I'd been doing on the motorways from Hook of Holland anyway (hooking up with them at Koblenz). Andy's group consisted of TS1s and an RT230 reed motor (any other specs?) so it meant that we were not hanging around.

Prior to hooking up with Andy and his group, I had popped in to Scooter Center to have my expansion welded (fantastic reception from Scooter Center and a sturdy repair that is still going strong... for no cost and it isn't even one of their exhausts!!!), I swapped out a stator that the lighting feed had failed on and I replaced a clutch cable on the way home. On the way back from Geiselwind to Venlo (stayed there a night) we were eating up the miles on the motorway, which we'd got back on at Bonn, and the van's sat nav said that we were motorway cruising in the high 60s and dipping in and out of the 70s, which might not sound like much but this was our cruising speed (real world, whereas my speedo saw me touching 90 a couple of times LOL) and we were only stopping for petrol (long range tanks).

Venlo to Hook of Holland was done alone and by 8:30am I had my Tuesday ticket changed for a Monday sailing. Then Harwich to Oxford, around the M25 and up the M40, seemed like a short and pleasant breeze! The Avanti TT3 not missing a beat.

Thanks Ron, great service from the kit once again!

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information