Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

warts wrote:So they test and calibrate each and every one?
You'd like to think a batch test is done at least.
mark1
Main scooter: gp

Cheers Adam.
I spoke to ron the other week, he said he's going to get some av265 atomisers made.
I'll give him a call tomorrow.
OAP
Dealer

Please Note: There are issues with Needles & Atomizers. NEVER USE AN AV 264 with an X7 Needle without loads of plug chops it will hole the piston!!!!
I have had a few reports of this set up on a Dyno, they did NOT make it home. Please be careful.

I will be working on getting some atomizers remade later this year. RM
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

i had to strip a mates mugello recently , av 264 x7 needle ,heat seized badly after only 5 miles, glad he built it not me,its now running an av 268 with an x 13 all fine so far..
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Y not just drill out the Av 264 to suit ?
OAP
Dealer

The difference in diameter between what would be an AV265 to an AV264 is approx 0.01 mm ! This needs to be set up correctly to make sure they all come out the same. As someone has already pointed out Dellorto do not give out what diameter the hole is, they refer to flow rates.
This is not to say someone cannot just drill out what they have for their own use.
RM
warts
Main scooter: honda

Just poking a bit of wire through the jet can alter the flow rate.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

So does gas nozzle cleaners ;)
mark1
Main scooter: gp

OAP wrote:Please Note: There are issues with Needles & Atomizers. NEVER USE AN AV 264 with an X7 Needle without loads of plug chops it will hole the piston!!!!
I have had a few reports of this set up on a Dyno, they did NOT make it home. Please be careful.

I will be working on getting some atomizers remade later this year. RM
Ron, what needle would you recommend to use with the av264?
OAP
Dealer

Hi Mark,

I would not use an AV264 period, I have not had the time to spend on testing, I might well do in November when I have time to breath.
If you get it wrong with an AV264, it will take just 5 miles to blow a hole in the piston!

There is so much variation, I have on customer with a TT3 who is running an AV266, X7 needle 55 pilot jet running lean in mid range, others say it is boggy! All I know is if I ride the bike I can tell to a point without looking at the plug, I have had customers telling me that they think it is bogging down when in fact it,s got fuel starvation. So to explain over the phone, in some cases I've got no chance.
Sorry Mark I cannot suggest anything that would help with that atomizer. Ron
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information