Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
OAP
Dealer

Yes Dennis you are
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Well, not long back from the Isle of Man scooter rally and it was great fun to take my Avanti on the TT course. The kit didn't miss a beat from Oxford to Liverpool, on the island or on the way home, however, I could now do with new shoes front and rear, and a clutch inspection!

Having never been to IoM before, what fantastic roads! Riding the mountain section of the TT course is exhilarating and my clutch was good enough to hold to take the Avanti to the top of the rev range in 4th and really motor. Indeed, I ran out of 'bottle' before running short in the performance stakes.

Great kit for the tour up there and to blart around the island :)

Adam

PS - If any of the IoM SC lot come on here... thanks for a really good event.
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

I did that rally 2 years ago - excellent and well recommended. The TT ride out is fantastic.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Turns out that Barry Turner should have been listed in my IoM credits/thanks...

Thanks Barry, a really enjoyable weekend :)

Adam
soulsurfer

Is this rally on every year or every other?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
bmac
Main scooter: Italian GP & LiS Pacemaker

jonboy wrote:
bmac wrote:700 miles after building my TT3 on a ropey SX donor engine, thought i'd post my experience. 1st build ended badly after NOT torquing up the flywheel nut ! Cost me a £200 AF crank and huge dent to ego! Thought Id got the timing set up wrong (hence taking off the flywheel) when actually it was a leaking float bowl in the delly! 2nd build with MB crank and replacement 2nd gear, BGM flywheel etc, kicks over on choke always 2nd/3rd go. Running std SX 200 gearing, with a Franspeed Touring pipe currently. 30mm delly open mouthed,AV266 120 main 55 pilot, x7, 3rd notch on needle. Whizzes up through 1st and second really quickly upt o ~40mph, 3rd runs up to ~62 and Sunday was clocked by my Bro n law on his speed triple at 80 on the flat with the clutch slipping. Its been slipping in top on full chat for a few weeks now (since I passed 600 miles and had the balls to ride it like I was stealing it). Not sure if Sureflex needs stronger springs or I need to change the oil, going to do the latter this w.e. Theres definatley more mph there. Thing I like most is 3rd will pull nicely from 35 and like a train from 40. Am waiting for cyclone 5 speed box to come (like christmas) which I think will make it even better, then I might change to Franspeed race after that hearing what Ron has told me and seeing other posts. I have to say that Ron has been tremendous help giving freely and often advice to me (who hadn't put a spanner to a Lammy engine for 30 years, and wasn't very competant back then!) Have learned a lot and very pleased with the outcome thus far, now looking fwd to improving it further. Anyone else experienced Sureflex clutch slipping?
I have to agree with your comments on Ron Moss I bought he's Avanti Lambretta
Problem solved by removing 0.3 mm off the inside of where the kickstart sits in the side casing, 'elbow' of kickstart lever not now rubbing on top plate of clutch cassette! Ron Moss suggested this and carried out the maching while I waited, top service, and Im very grateful to Ron and advice of flk on this forum. I learned a lot and it now runs great, tks again all
whonatic

OAP wrote:It's Here
As Andy Francis is showing one of the "New" Avanti Clubmans at the Euro I thought it only fair to let you have a look at what is on the way! The only information I am giving out at the moment is: It is in 3 parts, Stub Manifold, header pipe in Stainless steel, and Silencer as per the following photo's. The one on my bike only has mild steel header pipe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage[/img]
sorry about the quality of the last picture
What happened to this pipe Ron? Are the plans shelved?
whonatic

Hi, just built an Avanti with the following set up:

Float needle jet 300
Atomizer av266
Needle x7 2nd notch
Main jet 122
Pilot jet 55
Pacemaker box
18 degrees
Ron Moss clubman.

Difficult to start from cold, and pretty boggy - only done about 10 miles so far. Is it worth dropping the pilot to ??
Any other advice from the Avanti Veterans out there?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I fitted a M_Tech to help cure low down bogginess and I think someone fitted an Augusto to for the same reason. Never had a problem starting though 1st or 2nd kick or i'm worried !! What size choke jet do have ? I fitted a 70.
OAP
Dealer

whonatic :- Superclubman is not entirely dead, just going to put it on a long test to see how it holds up.

Your Jetting, Are you using an air filter? better to give me a call. RM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information