Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Kit 51 I think? Done 1800 hundred trouble free miles other that some minor carb issues....the most trouble free season I've ever had....still has the quarter throttle lag, and I'll tackle that after brid probably reed valve it through the winter...it can only be described as a get you there touring kit.
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

Kit 77 now running in the XL
alpha crank 60mm 110 rod
dev tour
Mikuni TM 24 thu an air filter system in the tool box
variatronic ign set to 17 when fully reving 6000+
fly wheel weight increased to 2.2 kgs
Li125 early box with 19 x 47
home made 6 plate clutch

runs well, pulls good , just needs running in.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

John....where are your peak revs? About 6900rpm (ish) I guess? So where is your ign at say 3000-4000rpm? 21 degrees?

If so.....any worries about bottom end and mid range heat spots, especially when at 1/4 throttle?

I might be tempted to consider letting the ign come back a bit more at peak revs if I were you.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I made the carb changes requested by Ron Moss for yesterdays run to the straightliners event yesterday (AV266-X13 2.5 notch..thanks Corrado ;) ) and I have to report much improvement especially to the 3rd/4th lag which has now completely vanished, a few 3/4-WOT plug chops on route (much to the annoyance of my fellow riders :D) backed up the request from Ron, nice colour albeit slightly light brown but a 1/4 mixture tweek out and the plug was a perfect colour indeed..

The biggest plus was the ability to pull from 30mph (in traffic) to WOT with no hesitation and quick response with fellow TS1s needing to drop to 3rd, the smoothness of ride has improved no end and was a pleasure to ride, close to home I pulled in and let a mate ride it the last few miles as he is thinking of upgrading from iron 225 to the Avanti and his reaction after riding it was a big grin and a thumbs up, he was impressed by the reaction time via throttle action and the smoothness of the ride (bear in mind I have the Augusto 7000 fitted) that without doubt improves the smoothness and pick up low down..

Carb settings now:
30mm Dellorto,
122 Main
AV266
X13 Needle 2.5 notch
65 idle..

Bear in mind as always plug chops are essential as all engines vary or a trip to your local dyno centre.. :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
mikeallen
Xbox live gamer tag: junkyevenflow69

Andy Pickering wrote:I made the carb changes requested by Ron Moss for yesterdays run to the straightliners event yesterday (AV266-X13 2.5 notch..thanks Corrado ;) ) and I have to report much improvement especially to the 3rd/4th lag which has now completely vanished, a few 3/4-WOT plug chops on route (much to the annoyance of my fellow riders :D) backed up the request from Ron, nice colour albeit slightly light brown but a 1/4 mixture tweek out and the plug was a perfect colour indeed..

The biggest plus was the ability to pull from 30mph (in traffic) to WOT with no hesitation and quick response with fellow TS1s needing to drop to 3rd, the smoothness of ride has improved no end and was a pleasure to ride, close to home I pulled in and let a mate ride it the last few miles as he is thinking of upgrading from iron 225 to the Avanti and his reaction after riding it was a big grin and a thumbs up, he was impressed by the reaction time via throttle action and the smoothness of the ride (bear in mind I have the Augusto 7000 fitted) that without doubt improves the smoothness and pick up low down..

Carb settings now:
30mm Dellorto,
122 Main
AV266
X13 Needle 2.5 notch
65 idle..

Bear in mind as always plug chops are essential as all engines vary or a trip to your local dyno centre.. :D
Hi Andy,
Are the above settings running with or without a filter :?:
Andy Pickering

Without Mike..I seem to remember someone upping to 125 main with a breathsweet a bit back through this thread.
Jazzy

Barrel no. 100
2500+ miles including last weekends coast to coast.
As Andy has said 65 pilot and 266 with x13 2.5 really beefs up the bottom 1/3.
Absulute pleasure to ride very punchy with a nk rally.
I have ridden Rons bike with the super clubman and this is very impressive.
I've tried several pipes and the thing that stands out is how well the kit responds to the characteristics of each pipe.
As Adam says can't wait for people to start playing with this kit.
It won't be me as I love mine as it is. :D
coaster

As a matter of interest, how does an NK Rally copmpare to a JL3? just wondering if there would be a huge difference in the jetting requirements? also, is anyone using the 65 pilot also using an Augusto?

Ta

colin
Andy Pickering

coaster wrote:As a matter of interest, how does an NK Rally copmpare to a JL3? just wondering if there would be a huge difference in the jetting requirements? also, is anyone using the 65 pilot also using an Augusto?

Ta

colin
Yes me Col, very smooth low down with bags of punch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Train Driver

Has anyone bought a un plated barrel yet ??
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information