Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

what app is that kev?
teamv

Nic its called bike brain ,its for push bikes really but I use it all the time,it works abroad as well.
The second one is the route from the graph ,would be handy to stop cheating between the points scoring mileage hunter's :lol:

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/bikebrain

ImageImage
anyone can buy a dremel, but does that make them a scooter tuner
OAP
Dealer

Coaster wrote:- "On a steepish uphill section I put it in 4th at around 25 mph and wound the throttle right open expecting it to completely bog but it didn't. For sure it didn't accelerate very quickly in that particular situation but then you wouldn't expect anything to."

Set up was SX200 gearbox with 46 / 17 sprokets = 4.25:1
with an ADS -3 Expansion box to pull it.

A very interesting pipe!
RBG

teamv

What the took you to Warton, there is nothing there since I moved.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've put 290 miles on it now and it runs fantastic. other than changing the fuel tap for a fast flow i haven't had to touch a thing, the carb seems fine (30mm PHBH), clutch working smoothly and no sign of slip, kicks off 2nd kick, ......etc etc etc..

I seem to be getting about 10 miles a litre (50 to the gallon). This was at the 45 mph running in soi expect that to drop a bit now i'm running it at 50-55...saying that with tall gearing (4:6) it may run a bit more economically ??

How's everyone else doing ???
Last edited by mick1 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Managed to squeeze in a few miles today inbetween being busy with other things and am now close over 200 miles and it just gets better and better, its really settling nice and gets quicker with every mile, it really is building a head of steam up and must admit its difficult not to let rip as it feels so quick, setting off from a set of traffic lights I attempted to lift the front wheel via throttle control and it duly obliged with very little effort :twisted:, im already looking forward to next weekend and Knaresborough to York which will see me easy get over the 300 mark and a further insight into pandoras box :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
teamv

RBG wrote:teamv

What the took you to Warton, there is nothing there since I moved.

I never went to Warton I just went back through Burton ,you must really think your special if you could improve Warton :lol:
anyone can buy a dremel, but does that make them a scooter tuner
davet

Thought I'd give you an update as to where my Avanti is up to. Number 49 was finished Friday last week and is built up around the following:

New Indian Cases, top qaukity seals and bearings.

Pacemaker gearbox giving I think 4.6- 1

AF cassette clutch (the expensive one!!!!!)

Franspeed Touring tt3 exhaust

PHBH 30mm Av266, 125 main, 55 pilot, 300 fuel, Ram air filter with hole in panel

PM xtech 26hp crank. Did want JB but will have to go without meat for a few months before ordering one.

AF electronic kit with flywheel cowling chopped and gap to fins reduced to the minimum, running Wassal with 12v DC.

Barrel has not been touched only transfers in casing have been matched. Still left castings on barrel as they came from Uncle Ron.

Running 4% with Castol TTS and normal unleaded.

Did 100 miles first day. as Ron says, was a bit tight for the first hundred. Though loosened up a little. 100 miles second day felling looser as miles go by. Now done 250 in three days. Feeling a lot better now. One thing I have noticed is the vibration. Not that it's any better or worse than any other lammy engine. But the engine tells you when it's up to operating temp by the vibrations which seem to reduce by about 50%. I religiously warm it up before setting off. Having a KR1s I'm more than aware of cold seizure risk.

Anyway will be using it this week for my 70 mile round trip commute to see how it goes. Did a 70 mile non stop run yesterday and the only thing which gave up was my arse. Airhawk is now on order for euros! It's doing about 50 to the gallon at the moment.
mark

What needle you running with the av266 please
davet

X7 second notch from top as advised by Ron.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information