Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

can someone give me a bit of advice with this kit? i have a few parts to hand, a full circle 58 stroke crank, a normal 58 stroke crank, a full circle 60mm crank and a normal 60mm crank.

im not in a position at the moment to buy a kit but im building an engine with a mbd rapido with the intention of changing next year when i can afford to eat again.

so the question is what crank will be best suited to the avanti so i can fit the right one now?
mark

Call Ron and have a chat about what works best, I had a long chat with him today and was very pleased with the outcome.
Oldgit Dave
Main scooter: 1962 S3 TV175 with SX panels

cezeta wrote:can someone give me a bit of advice with this kit? i have a few parts to hand, a full circle 58 stroke crank, a normal 58 stroke crank, a full circle 60mm crank and a normal 60mm crank.

im not in a position at the moment to buy a kit but im building an engine with a mbd rapido with the intention of changing next year when i can afford to eat again.

so the question is what crank will be best suited to the avanti so i can fit the right one now?

58mm crank with 107mm rod is required.
With a 60mm you will find piston will hit crankcase at bottom of stroke so modification to piston or longer rod (110mm) would be required.............Na don't ask how I know ............... :oops:
OAP
Dealer

Dave,
I think a packer would have been the answer, you only have to pick up the phone!
The question is can you beat your son yet?
Oldgit Dave
Main scooter: 1962 S3 TV175 with SX panels

OAP wrote:Dave,
I think a packer would have been the answer, you only have to pick up the phone!
The question is can you beat your son yet?

Yup packer is the answer with a 60mm 110mm rod..............But you told me One Thing at a Time...........................
Can i beat the tw@7 on the RB20 in a straight fight not yet (still running 4.34 gearing with the franspeed/avanti tour pipe.. Yes I should gear it to 4.6) but round the b roads I can waltz all over the tw@7 as the power delivery is just so in the right area....................... ;) and I have brakes LOL.....
OAP
Dealer

Dave
seriously it should be a good ride when you get the gearing changed
cezeta

.......and i should have said both of my 60mm cranks have a 110 rod as i too had the crank case issue in the past with a mec 60mm crank and so cut the piston as a get out of jail card. its not something you think of unless you have been caught out in the past.
teamv

I don't have an Lth manifold to hand but are there different ones ,as Oldgit Dave seems to have fit one no problem and diesel says he can't get one to fit.

I've done about 400 miles on mine ,but as yet I'm not 100% with it,could be down to jetting but not sure yet.

Kev.
anyone can buy a dremel, but does that make them a scooter tuner
OAP
Dealer

I have always said ANY issues with this kit please, please phone me
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

teamv wrote:I don't have an Lth manifold to hand but are there different ones ,as Oldgit Dave seems to have fit one no problem and diesel says he can't get one to fit.
Yes, earlier ones look like CNC and current ones are cast. Later ones angle the carb slightly forwards of the earlier one so will require some barrel fins to be removed. Early ones are very thick around the area it comes into contact with the barrel and it may be that enough material can be removed from the reed manifold and very little from the fins if anything. I've just offered both up against an Avanti barrel so can't comment on issues regarding the engine mounts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information