Ron Moss - Avanti TT3 - Cylinder Kit - Review & Test.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bubbles
Main scooter: gp 200 royspeed

thanks dave thats another bonus :D
RBG

Oldgit Dave wrote:
RBG wrote:I've a late LI 125 gearbox sitting in box I'm thinking of using this in my TT3 motor.
A 20/21 tooth front sprocket and a 47 tooth clutch bell will give me a ratio of 4.32 / 4.21
Not decided on the exhaust yet.
Anybody any experience with the LI 125 gear box.
In my opinion its a good geabox. I have one in my Rapido 250 motor with 47 20 sprockets. For two up riding its great because of the low ratio first gear, its easy to pull away and put less stress on the clutch in slow traffic.
Excellent. :bouncing:
Oldgit Dave
Main scooter: 1962 S3 TV175 with SX panels

Just a note to add on the spit back, as it seems it has been taken a bit out of context. I dont think the spit back is a real issue. You have to consider I have had this bike since 1972, back then to go fast you had to hack the side panel to get a big carb on (they are original innocenti panels). The cut side panel exists on the bike today as it did back then, as you can see below.
If the carb was behind the panel the spit back would not be a problem. However as I said elsewhere my wife sits on the back and with the hole, the spit back collects on her jeans. Which means she gets all menstrual, generally in my direction, ruining any chance of a good day. One day I may get the hole welded up.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Oldgit Dave wrote:........... Which means she gets all menstrual, generally in my direction, ruining any chance of a good day. One day I may get the hole welded up.
Lol :D :D :D Good point, well made ;)
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

A few more miles on the clock today, lovely day for a ride out and soon to be 55mph rider lol :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Rich

Oldgit Dave wrote:........... Which means she gets all menstrual, generally in my direction, ruining any chance of a good day. One day I may get the hole welded up.
Bit harsh on her and it might smart a bit....I'd sort the panel out first ;)
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

just put the engine in a Li ser3 frame and have a slight problem.. the frame is catching on the engine cowl...anyone else had this problem ? this is with a standard 300mm rear shocker and a quick measure lets me think a R6 shocker with 290mm centres will solve the problem. I could always take a bit off the frame, but don't realy want to go down that road...engine fired up lovely but can't give it a run....frustrated !!!
RICSPEED

mick1 wrote:R6 shocker with 290mm centres
just to make you aware in an earlier thread not all r6 are 290 also according to some non are and both r1 and r6 are 300mm
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

the ones at Lambretta Upgrades (Chiggy ?) are listed as 290...so fingers crossed
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

My Avanti went into a series one frame today(GP200 casings),Its beautiful, it sounds lovely through the JL road pipe (I had thought it would need the front bracket altered but it didnt).I had an LTH reed valve kit for another project and decided to use it when the scootrs inlet manifold I had been using proved to be far too chunky to allow any clearance.The LTH wont fit as it fouls on the engine mount so a Delly manifold was found and fits well I have eccentric cones in at this point and the clearance is spot on. I was gutted that the LTH wont fit but I would have to grind the engine mount to get it on and I dont want that,But the sound off it as it fired up is more than enough compensation.I need a longer rear brake cable as the one thats in it is very tight on the head cowl and longer throttle cable is required to route it through the battery tray area, other than that its straightforward and will be ready for a spin tomorrow night after work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information