Oh No

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sdjohn

I once had my cush drive ram into the chain case cover and lock up against it. The elliptical part had tried to cross over! Worn cush drive spring and parts led to the condition.

I was sure it'd seized. Rear wheel turned with clutch in but not out = crank not turning. Was surprised when I opened it up!
John Headley
LCUSA #566
San Diego CA
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

another one to throw in...chain guide snapped and gone round the front sprocket...
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
RICSPEED

Dazza wrote:another one to throw in...chain guide snapped and gone round the front sprocket...

yeah the shock through the chain bump starting may have wipped it off
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
clyde

Cheers folks.
Back at work for the next 3 weeks so cant pull it apart yet to find the problem. Thanks for all the suggestions and i will check them all out.
clyde

UPDATE

forgot to mention id fixed this about 10 months ago........................

It was the piston. The muppet who sold the bike (i think hes on here so no names) said it had been rebuilt with a 175 kit, which it had but what he failed to mention was he either used old cir clips or the wrong sized ones. So one fell out and jammed the piston in the barrel leaving a nice deep score while it was at it.
Got a 185 kit set it up (the PO had also left the stator lose) and off it went and hasnt stopped since.
Recently rebuilt the front and rear brake so now it stops which it never did before.
So the moral is..........dont believe anything a seller says about what they are selling and what theyve done (you would love the story he told but ill save that for another day) and dont be affraid to get stuck in with the sticky book and some help from total strangers in the local scooter club.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Dazza wrote:another one to throw in...chain guide snapped and gone round the front sprocket...
Not the cause here but I've had exactly the same chain guide failure happen to me... not good.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information