Super Monza for charity - child cancer research

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Powolotti
Dealer

Dryballs wrote:
mickdale wrote: just clarify our german friends post
austrian. ;)
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
camblamb
Dealer
Main scooter: lambretta

First things first
NONE of the kits Cambridge Lambretta or Performance Tuning have sold are substandard, as they have all been hand tuned by charlie, signed off and are 110% perfect. I have even brought one myself, kit number 3 (i didnt even get number 1!!!!!!) so lets put any rumours like that to bed!

Further more the kits are hand tuned, and will out perform the "straight from the factory version" so you have a better kit, certainly not a sub standard one. Any kit sold by CLW or PT will be numbered and catalogued so any owner can ring us at any time for back up.

It is well known that developement on the Super Monza started before the RB kit, yet the Supermonza is only just being released, because neither Charlie, Tino or Cambridge Lambretta would put their name to it until it is good enough. This is a total high end kit, designed to do one thing, be a fast reliable non revving its tits off kit....! It makes hugh power at low revs, and very good torque.
Five prototype versions were made all in all, and to cut a long story short, each version they managed to correct the fault Charlie found, only to fix that but somehow build in another fault. These were all to do with the mold maker taking descisions off his own back...................! Finally Charlie lost his temper, sawed a cylinder in half and sent it over saying look you can do the exhaust ports right, you did it three cylinders ago, now f...... do it right!

So whats out there now?
One batch did make it to LTH and a few other dealers, and a couple made it into UK dealers by them buying direct. These were a batch of twenty or so that Tino sent us, we tested one, checked them all and and sent them straight back as they had a small mistake in the exhaust port and they lost 9 bhp. Apparently Tino sold them as a low power pre production kit, telling the dealers who brought them that?!
These twenty as far as we know, were all sent back to Tino, this was after one of the dealers contacted Charlie asking why they couldnt set it up , Charlie or Camlam were not aware they got resold, and all dealers were advised to return them to Tino.
Whats happening now then?
Charlie and Trevor went to Tino's in November. All things with the Super Monza got sorted.
Out of interest Charlie brought a large number of pre production cylinders Tino had left, so there is no way anybody can buy one of these prepreoduction kits now. They will be used for racing, special projects, and high end indivdually commissioned kits for those with a desire to push their scooter even further.
So, in concluision the production Super Monza has been signed off, Tino produced one cylinder and sent it to Charlie :- the mold is perminant and perfect every time for every cylinder. The only thing that could possibly go wrong is the top and bottom machining, if it is out by just 1mm power loss is quite frightening. This is why every cylinder Cambridge Lambretta or Performance Tuning sell will be hand checked, ports tidied and corrected before making it to the customer. Other shops that care to sell them, well thats up to them what they do with them :-)

Recap

So the version 2, is actually version six, but because it is the first cylinders to be totally correct, and approved for sale by Charlie, we will call them Version 1 so every one has the same... :- Follow that?
Right one last time, I have kit number 3, version 4, but really its version 1, so I have 3.1.4 which if my maths serves me correctly is pie. Pie and chips means I will go slower due to weight, so although my super monza will cope, the J50 will have to go on ebay.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

thanks tony
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
RICSPEED

yes ..thanks for your input :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

sean brady scooters wrote:thanks tony

Erm... I think you may find Sean that post is from camlam. In fact please give Trevor a call.
I am in tenerife for a week. Check the ip address.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
sean brady scooters
Dealer

lol ok bud
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Ha, loser :)
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
sean brady scooters
Dealer

lol ,i would swear thats your style of writing tbh ,so you didnt e mail him that responce did you at all by any chance ?and also very suprised at your very rapid responce to this concidering that your on your hols .
any way soz if i,m wrong ,i often am as you know ,but never the less hope you have a nice time on your hols matey ...catch up again soon one day
best regards sean
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

My money's on Pete. :D
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

corrado wrote:My money's on Pete. :D
No chance........ he'll be too busy doing his hair........ ;)
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information