Super Monza for charity - child cancer research

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mickdale

Powolotti wrote:
Please note that the first batch of SuperMonza kits is entirely sold to UK - this is the series that was not up to CE standards. The second batch should be leaving Gilardoni next week. These kits are improved versions that are manufactured as intended. The kit on the raffle engine is from this second series
eh?
i thought there was an initial batch quite a while ago that CE wasnt happy withand not offered for sale by camlam - then a second batch was sent recently and camlam and CE have offered them for sale in two versions - normal and CE checked and upgraded as per camlams site - are you saying the kits being sold by camlam and CE in the last few weeks are not up to CEs requirements?
RICSPEED

as i understand it ..the barrel is a base version not cleaned up or signed by charlie ..thats not to say the barrel fitted is shite either
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
mickdale

i was lead to believe the first batch were not as charlie intended casting wise

the second batch was correct casting wise and two options are available
touched up by charlie with quality fixings and gaskets
not touched up with "industry standard" fixings and gaskets

i think powlotti said the second batch was not up to CE standards (i assume casting wise)

cheers
a confused mick
Powolotti
Dealer

what we have been told by the producer is that all kits sold to date are in the UK. To me, it wouldn´t make sense "blueprinting" a kit from Gilardoni/Gila Motorsport as they don´t manufacture shite. It´s not a cylinder sandcasted in the gardenshed that has big tolerances that definetely would need this. If the moulds are correct then the cylinder is as well. If you know a little about the costs i say it´s fantastic work by all people involved that minor changes are taken seriously and handled immediately. That speaks a lot for Tino and Charlie. Maybe the one coming into sale is the 3rd series - i dunno. What I know, or better have been told, this is the one that has all faults erased and should make everybody happy. We could have had a kit from the lasts eries, but tino said he wants the latest version on this engine.
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
mickdale

LTH in germany had some kits a while back, I assume these were "not up to standard"

The latest batch available are from camlam, I have seen cylinder number one that CE has blueprinted himself, its not for me to question why he did this and I don't dispute your info, out just seems different toto whats on the ground here in the uk - unless camlam and CE are selling the first batch of not up to scratch kits

I can't imagine CE has done this
soulsurfer

Mick, there was a batch that went out last year, or maybe 2010, that weren't up to spec, I was under the impression these were recovered. The first official and up to Charlie's spec were the ones that were sold by Cam Lam recently. There is a second batch due, and I can't comment on the above kit, but would assume it's the unfettled kit shown on Cam Lam's website at the cheaper price. As far as I know, the only way to have a fully CE approved kit is to buy through Cam Lam. I hope this clears this up for you ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
mickdale

thanks soulsurfer

reading powolottis post i read it as the camlam/CE uk batch was not up to CE spec (these were out before xmas) and the next batch were :?
Powolotti
Dealer

in the "pictures of the supermonza" thread you see on the pics that the cylinder has not only other studs and gaskets but porting done to bring it to CE´s spec. As far as I have been told the new series has this mods from the factory. Only telling you what the manufacturer says, have neither seen the newest version or can tell you anything else about it now.
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
mickdale

thanks powolotti - i see what you mean now - thought you were referring to the couple of cylinders that got out a year or so ago
steve chapman

hi im the owner of super monza kit number 8 , this is one of the kits blueprinted by charlie ( pictures posted on this forum ) , how can i tell if mine is one of the so called sub standard / ,uk pieces of shite
Last edited by steve chapman on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information