Pictures of Lambretta Super Monza Kit.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
nelson pk

Are we now comparing full race spec scooters and sprinters to road going super monzas?
The super monza is a road engine
I think it then speaks for itself that its now getting compared to race and sprint scooters! ;)
RICSPEED

it would seem so yes .........
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

RICSPEED wrote:its worth noting that there was 0.5 mph bettween Ryan saxelby ,tony o'brien and guy topper (in that order)...to be honest i only really paid attention to the grp4 ,5 and 6 scoots that were there ,but as far as i can recall the super monza pulled a very respectable time ,regarding the 6 hr guys engine i believe had to be changed due to crank but did get fastest lap and did Finnish on a spare motor ,both the super monza's did it from start to Finnish
Speed wise there wasnt much in it at all,its a shame that both magazines (as far as im aware) only printed the top speeds and not the actual times as thats where you see the difference and tells you how quick its going.I think some speeds were taken after the 1/4 mile as there was another speed trap after.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

nelson pk wrote:Are we now comparing full race spec scooters and sprinters to road going super monzas?
The super monza is a road engine
I think it then speaks for itself that its now getting compared to race and sprint scooters! ;)
I certainly wouldnt as thats a bit silly,there is a big difference there in the rate they would go up the track and the life expentancy of a group 6. The sm on the day did it in the high 15`s which is good and the group 6`s did low 13`s so you wouldnt compare,think Tony did 14 something on the Hornet SS90. But 15s odd is good as an out the box TS would be 17s odd.I still did 15.7 on a Malossi 210 at York dragway in 1995 at 80mph,that was a road bike cos it had an MOT ;)
turbovan

Some one must have one on on road soon.or eary next year
jason frost
Dealer

turbovan wrote:Some one must have one on on road soon.or eary next year
Got one coming, built by CM, to fit into a bike I am doing for someone so we will see :D
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

jason frost wrote:
Got one coming, built by CM, to fit into a bike I am doing for someone so we will see :D
Now.......... I wonder who that is ........ ;)

P.S. ........ where's me sweatshirt Jase ? ...... hugs :D
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

alcoholic maniacs sc wrote:the only way to get a large frame vespa down to knee slider level is to fall off and slide down the road with it!!! :lol: :lol:
Isn't that what happened to the leader in the Spanish 6hr? Thus handing the win to a "road bike"
...but then, to finish first, first you....
jason frost
Dealer

teamsequipe wrote:
jason frost wrote:
Now.......... I wonder who that is ........ ;)

P.S. ........ where's me sweatshirt Jase ? ...... hugs :D
Yes it is ;) Will be getting some done in the newyear your name is on the frist one
RICSPEED

can i ask that from this point on we keep this thread purely factual rather than speculation

Jason ,any thing you could share please do :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information