super monza

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

RICSPEED wrote:well ..to get back on track

how do they perform?? ..we will just have to wait and see ....

but in time i might be able to give you some answers myself ...we will see ;)

Sponsorship deal :o :o
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

I reckon the shootout proved just how fast, consistent, and durable a well used and thrashed, regularly road ridden Super Monza is. Wish I could justify the expense. Only moan I've got about Charlie is how easy he made it look winning the BSSO group 4 championship year after year.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

nelson pk wrote:Ummmmmm......dont quite get that.........so your saying Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki now blueprint their engines and if you buy a bolt on kit from anyone its blueprinted and you dont have to pay extra for that?
Are you saying that bolt on TS1's (as good as they are out of the box) are all blueprinted and you wouldn't have to pay a tuner to blueprint one for you?
What was the bit in scootering about Jb tuning blueprinting the casa kit all about then? (No i'm not going to look through them all and find out what issue it was!).
Its not about shouting for someone, i'm not a mate of his or anything but its about getting the facts right on what blueprinting actually is!
I`ll explain then,i cant talk for every engineer/tuner out there,only the ones ive used.One person in particular cannot send things out unless he is totally happy with it,even if it is "how it comes".Simple things like gear selectors,i could never understand why gear changes on some engines were almost horny compared to other engines ive had then i remembered where i got if from and what he does to "finish" them,he probably allows a little time to do things if nothing at all,this could be kits he`s sold,manifold hes sold.He did some work on a barrel for me a while ago and next he`s finishing some work on the transfers which i didnt ask for and blaming me for leaving the kit with him too long as he looks at it and he cant let it go out like that.He does that on all items ive brought from him.Now i dont believe he is the only person in the scooter trade like that and ive never had work done at every scooter shop so im not goint to say he`s the best but there are still people like this about (although very,very few) He`s also had the most hilarious adverts in scootering that ive ever seen. :lol:
Oh yeh,the bit about blueprinting on the casa kit at JB,dont remember them bluprinting it,the metal they took out of it was far behond bluperinting.That was porting.
RICSPEED

Toddy wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:well ..to get back on track

how do they perform?? ..we will just have to wait and see ....

but in time i might be able to give you some answers myself ...we will see ;)

Sponsorship deal :o :o
no such luck :(
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
turbovan

Any Pictures of barrel :fb:
nelson pk

Ok. Appreciate the responses. Right, lets be clear on what blueprinting a barrel is.
You have the designer of the barrel who designs the ports with certain timings and widths and angles.
Lets say for this example 150 degrees inlet, 180 degrees exhaust and 125 degrees transfers. They probably go by mm measurements from top of barrel but lets use degrees for this example.
He has a load of barrels cast. Due to the casting process some barrels come out at say 153 inlet, 175 exhaust 122 transfers. Blueprinting would be to make these barrels the same as the original design intended. 150 inlet, 180 exhaust, 125 transfer.
So yes porting may be required to blueprint barrels and even though the port is being ported it is being done to match the original design of the barrel.
That is blueprinting and thats what jb tuning done to the casa kit.
Proper blueprinting is not just taking the rough areas off here and there and polishing and matching manifolds.
nelson pk

By the way soosh, your engine builder sounds like a top bloke.
Its always good to know your going to get a smooth engine.
I think its difficult to find someone you can trust these days!
lifes a drag

when anything is designed its put on paper called a blueprint, all blueprinting is is something thats made to the original blueprint, no more no less exactly to the blueprint, simple int it :roll:
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

nelson pk wrote:By the way soosh, your engine builder sounds like a top bloke.
Its always good to know your going to get a smooth engine.
I think its difficult to find someone you can trust these days!
Hes funny as fook too.I actually build my motors but he`s supplied some parts and done 2 and 1/2 barrels for me and a tuned P2 motor for a chick in our club.It can be difficult to find a good person but they are out there.
steve chapman

if anyone is interested i have pictures on my phone that i can send to someone , and in turn they can post them on the forum , i just dont seem to be able to send pictures , just send me pm with your phone number regards Steve
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information