vespa versus lambretta

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joeythescooterboy

Simple truth is that we don't blow up quite as often, hence not so much to talk/type about seeing as we're out riding instead of staying in fixing/asking how we should fix ont t'interweb!
Vespa......fat n ugly but when you're sat at the side of the road on your 57th kick you wish you had one!
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

But then all come good becuase Innocenti were an the ball here,way ahead of their time and their finger on the button............................

It took the Japs years to get over that someone stole their design but maybe they should have been more careful leaving drawings laying around in the men only saunas..........
Diablo
Dealer

:D :D Very good Soosh!

Oh dear. Whilst Vespa started out building beautiful scooters with styling reminiscent of the aircraft they built Innocentis best effort was to attach an engine and wheels to one of the scaffold tubes they had. They even done an extra special one with a pull cord instead of a kickstart just like a lawnmower-hows that for design.

Also wheres the argument in showing the Lambretta streamlined bike when Vespa had already done it first?

I have to say I own both Lambretta and Vespa and love both. But its a fact that Innocenti trailed in Piaggios wake and eventually fell by the wayside.

I agree some Lambrettas look better than Vespas from say P range onwards but from an engineering point of view they are badly designed. They have a magnet in the engines to catch the swarf FFS. Show me a Vespa that has bits of metal floating around in the engine as normal!

Its the complicated nature of Lambrettas that makes us all love them and tinker with them but that doesn't make them better just more time consuming. Believe me when you seem to spend most of your working life removing rear runners just to get at a job you start praying for a donkey or two.

To get back to the original question the reason that the Vespa tech section isn't so busy is that unfortunately small frames aren't as popular here as in other countries and large frame motors don't lend themselves to as extreme tuning as Lambrettas do.Hopefully with the renewed interest in sprinting and the ever more exotic Kits Lammy owners can only dream about that may change in the future.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Wise words Al my friend.
I like a bit of banter, but some 'elitists' cant take it.
Vespa v Lamebwetta?
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

Piaggio's landcrabs are no good for me as i for one need all the SX appeal i can fookin get!! :roll: :bigsm:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

RICSPEED

OzOAP wrote:I like a bit of banter, but some 'elitists' cant take it
as long as it stays friendly its all good

i got called a dick head on face book cos i refered to a lammy a moped :roll:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Lazarus

tony wrote:Image

I have had many Vespas and Lambrettas over the years even had a nice vega with a tuned 125 motor (slow but looked cool ) and I would realy like that vespa above much nicer looking than a Lardy (but Fast ) GTS
and btw ill have you know them Italian tractor seats are real comfy :)
mark

Believe it or not I like virtually all scooters made esp 50's & 60's as they seem to have soul, I just feel the new crop of Vespas don't have what it takes for me I'm afraid. I even like the tmax and would consider owning one over a gts
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

RICSPEED wrote:
OzOAP wrote:I like a bit of banter, but some 'elitists' cant take it
as long as it stays friendly its all good

i got called a dick head on face book cos i refered to a lammy a moped :roll:
thats nothing!i got called a lammy on face book but cus i refered to a dickhead as a moped!!
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information