How to change rear hub bearing in 45 min. No dismantling.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

paulmgreen wrote:9 hours to do it the correct way??? Does that include cooking a meal for 6 and watching Titanic in the middle of changing the bearing ? Lol. :o :roll: :lol: :lol: ;) :lol:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I reckon I can do it in a 3 hours and I'm no Maestro.
Supereibar

You guys are too hard on Roberto. I wish you only knew his silly character and what he is capable of doing just to prove that "a good bodge never fails and gets you home". He had this bodge (a word that appears at least once for every ten words that he says) in mind for ages and he has reminded me about it every time he cried about the rear hub bearing of his Winter model not working:

"Jaime you'll see this new bodge I am thinking of mate, its the mother of all bodges and it is going to work! Its a master-bodger piece of artwork!"

I would just comment like you guys and joke about it, but seriously, even if I am of the same thought (as I would have gone the other way round and open up the crank case doing it propperly) you have to give it to the guy, it is a rather original idea and I think that this is what this forum is all about, or isn't it?

Well done Roberto! Glad to see you are still the "bodge-master-and-commander" :lol:

Jaime
donlambretto

If you had the workshop I have I'm pretty sure you would do it the same way. Only fit for 1 lammy, but there are 4 of them, stuck one next to the other, and one big heavy land Rover discovery filling the rest of the space (the giant lambretta). To do just the most stupid thing you have to kneel on the concrete floor, guide your arms between bikes and you can grow your beard while you do the maintenance work, as there is virtually no space (just 10 inches between bikes).

If I had a correct workshop with a bench I would of course have done it the correct way, but so far there was no other possibility than to take the Lammy out, borrow the local bike mechanic workshop and do the bodge in the shortest time possible as I was using a "real" workshop.

Happy tuesday to all

Robert
Cheers from Spain
Robert
(in fleet reorganization)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information