SIL rear brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
markd232

My rear brake has always been crap since I got the scoot about a year ago. (SIL 200). Took rear hub off and noticed that the top shoe had no wear on it whatsoever were as the bottom shoe was quite worn.

I have made a 6mm thk packing piece up and drilled and taped the shoe itself to screw the packing piece onto the shoe. Was going to refit hub and see if top shoe actually engaged. Has anyone else had this problem or is it quite normal.

Thanks
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I understand that the pivot pin drillings on some Indian engines were not in quite the right place giving your symptoms. An Indian I have had shims under the heels of both rear brake shoes, plus what appeared to be anti rattle shims. Your mod should be fine, but I would chalk the shoes and try it a few times with the hub back on to see where the contact takes place and fettle to suit
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
markd232

Thanks dapper, did'nt think about using chalk.
kejj

Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

All good advice matey..Ive just fitted new rear shoes as the engine was on the bench on engine stand and tried Shockys 1" sand paper method on the inside of the hub and gotta say its work a treat, bloody hard work though on the arms but well worth it..Cheers Steve..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information