TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RICSPEED

cool ...can we get back to tuning now ??? :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

This topic has left some with a reason to question what they do; Mr Darrell obviously knows the workings of a two stroke to a much higher than average level and achieves some pretty respectable results; it's great to have his input on the forum IMHO; sometimes a question as a reply answers more than was originally asked,
8-)
muppet,
C’est la vie
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muppet wrote:This topic has left some with a reason to question what they do; Mr Darrell obviously knows the workings of a two stroke to a much higher than average level and achieves some pretty respectable results; it's great to have his input on the forum IMHO; sometimes a question as a reply answers more than was originally asked,
8-)
muppet,
+1

His point on the relationship between port window and case opening size/TA has certainly made me think differently, and it was better to be guided to a perspective/principle than told outright.

He's getting a rougher ride than anyone deserves, but I hope he stays with it.
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
Adspeed

Don't get me wrong I've had my arguments on here (nothing quite like this though! :shock: ), stired up s**t when theres been no need and when its been required, I've made mistakes and hopefully brought something to the table as well sometimes.

Been away for a bit and only started reading again cos I get texts saying 'you gotta read this!'.

Recent activities have only confirmed that I made the right choice to step away and do something different.

I think everyone (myself included) questioned Darrells results when they first came up, some more strongly than others. It seems though he is on the money and making a good job of it. He has been called a lot of things on this forum but if anything I think the word I would use for him after the way he's been treated is patient! If I were a fountain of knowledge and had something new and exiting to share (which I haven't :D ) would this be the place to air it after reading this thread? I'm not so sure.

This is only my take on it.

Wishing all sides involved a Happy New Year.

Adam.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Sorry to go off topic but Adam's found a great use for a Vespa in his avatar.
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Muttley McLadd wrote:
sean brady scooters wrote:but if it serves your ego darrell we will from now on call them "darrell ports" just to please you :D
If they have 'hidden flow features', I could fetch a bag of sweets and a bottle of pop.
Seeing as you still haven't figured out what I meant by hidden flow features, and why the very first Mugellos were so torquey as well as revving out and producing great power when tweaked I'll tell you.

There was a hump in the inlet port on the first muggy's, I thought this was deliberate (and very clever) but it' was possibly a casting error. This did something to the incoming charge and if you smoothed it out you lost loads of bottom end torque.

My tuned muggy was fast because I left this feature in the port when flowing and altering timings. This equated to almost 80 mph through the speed trap at elvington on a 186 muggy road engine (fitted to the ill fated feckspeed racer) with 30PHBH and JL4 running like a bag of shite due to carburation/overheating problems. Jason Frost did some further tuning to this barrel and got a lot more power out of it but by then it was in race tune and very toppy.
Chris CSPE
Dealer

After all the things that have been said, and questioning Darrell about the fizzy forum, I was not supprised to find that Mick Abbey had introduced Sean on there as a member.
Chris CSPE
Dealer

After all the things that have been said, and questioning Darrell about the fizzy forum, I was not supprised to find that Mick Abbey had introduced Sean on there as a member.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Chris CSPE wrote:After all the things that have been said, and questioning Darrell about the fizzy forum, I was not supprised to find that Mick Abbey had introduced Sean on there as a member.
Sean isnt a member there, i am......Mick told me about the forum months ago and said those guys might like to use our dyno, Mick has never even spoken to me about Darrell. I recently joined the forum after being contacted by some of its members and commented in my into that Mick had told me about the forum.......and thats all he told me about.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Special X wrote:Sorry to go off topic but Adam's found a great use for a Vespa in his avatar.
Sure you would be more comfortable sitting on a piece of Lammy frame ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information