TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Special X wrote:Sorry to go off topic but Adam's found a great use for a Vespa in his avatar.
Sure you would be more comfortable sitting on a piece of Lammy frame ;)

teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

OzOAP wrote:
Special X wrote:Sorry to go off topic but Adam's found a great use for a Vespa in his avatar.
Sure you would be more comfortable sitting on a piece of Lammy frame ;)

Or the latest Vespa.........

;)
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Hiya mate, maybe we should start another thread and leave this one to carry on Image

carlos fandango

I to am really disappointed the two threads have descended into this :( :(

I joined the Scooterotica forum 3 or 4 years ago because of the open nature of the tuners, racers etc. who helped explain what works and why, and tips and tricks etc. i preferred it over LCGB forum, as that seemed more for people who wanted to know, what correct colour nylocs were factory fitted ? :roll: , and questions like "why wont my scooter start "?. For the last two or so years it has started to go more the LCGB way ( for various reasons) .

So when i read these two threads i thought, oh good something intreresting ( and hopefully informative) to read, at long last, not personal attacks and snips on someone whos got a different out look on things ?
BTW I would rather be explained and guided into how something works and how its done than just told how to do it.

"SCOOTEROTICA. Where the minds of the scooter world collide" :? :?

Happy new year to all

Russ
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
rocho68
Dealer

carlos fandango wrote:I to am really disappointed the two threads have descended into this :( :(

I joined the Scooterotica forum 3 or 4 years ago because of the open nature of the tuners, racers etc. who helped explain what works and why, and tips and tricks etc. i preferred it over LCGB forum, as that seemed more for people who wanted to know, what correct colour nylocs were factory fitted ? :roll: , and questions like "why wont my scooter start "?. For the last two or so years it has started to go more the LCGB way ( for various reasons) .

So when i read these two threads i thought, oh good something intreresting ( and hopefully informative) to read, at long last, not personal attacks and snips on someone whos got a different out look on things ?
BTW I would rather be explained and guided into how something works and how its done than just told how to do it.

"SCOOTEROTICA. Where the minds of the scooter world collide" :? :?

Happy new year to all
totally agree russ , happy new year
Russ
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Adspeed wrote:Don't get me wrong I've had my arguments on here (nothing quite like this though! :shock: ), stired up s**t when theres been no need and when its been required, I've made mistakes and hopefully brought something to the table as well sometimes.

Been away for a bit and only started reading again cos I get texts saying 'you gotta read this!'.

Recent activities have only confirmed that I made the right choice to step away and do something different.

I think everyone (myself included) questioned Darrells results when they first came up, some more strongly than others. It seems though he is on the money and making a good job of it. He has been called a lot of things on this forum but if anything I think the word I would use for him after the way he's been treated is patient! If I were a fountain of knowledge and had something new and exiting to share (which I haven't :D ) would this be the place to air it after reading this thread? I'm not so sure.

This is only my take on it.

Wishing all sides involved a Happy New Year.

Adam.
the bit you said"Recent activities have only confirmed that I made the right choice to step away and do something different."

think ill do the same for a while to reflect on whats happening, starting with a night off
ps thanks for the support and that of all others be it said on here or the various pm and email ive received

i found this as an old post on the forum from Sean seems these early values have slipped a little

the whole point of this forum..............scooterotica..........was to pass on as much info as we could provide to the scooter enthusiast interested in tuning..................
dan and myself have always done this...................no holds barred..........
what ever tuning tips we have,or new things etc............we have always shared.............
if something works well ............we tell you.........
and if there are probs we alert you........................

hopefully most of you will be quite pleased at being scooterotica members and benefiting from the good advice on this forum............provided from many top scooter names/businesses/tuners/experts/racers etc etc..............not to mention a whole other spectrum of clever members..............
but ultimately and inevitably sometimes we will get up against much cleverer and more skilled peoples than ourselves...................
and so..........
we do of course have to be very gratefull for any help at all...................................and to also respect their reluctance to help..................
Last edited by Darrell Taylor on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
mark

its sad the forum admin let it descend into this ;)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mark wrote:its sad the forum admin let it descend into this ;)
I actually agree.....bad night for scooterotica, not a good thread.

Would people rather i tidied it up to get rid of the non-relevant info, and hopefully get the thread back on track.........or to leave it as is?

i vote for the tidy up, but will go with the flow.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
warts
Main scooter: honda

....bad night for scooterotica, not a good thread.

I vote for the tidy up, but will go with the flow.....

+1
scooty

OzOAP wrote:Hiya mate, maybe we should start another thread and leave this one to carry on Image

or this one :biggrin:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information