TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

I actually agree with you stokie ,and I have always said all along that darrells results are great ...and for sure he does know how to extract some serious power from a lamby ,so no probs on that score at all .
but the so called "darrell ports " are nothing new really ,ok they may not have been seen on the open forum or beyond racers ...but they are never the less old hat in tuning terms and so its just rather a bit silly and pretentious of darrell to say and state that they are his invention and to christen them as such
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
RICSPEED

sean brady scooters wrote: bit silly and pretentious of darrell to say and state that they are his invention and to christen them as such
to be fair he did say friends had called them that sean ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
nicsar
Main scooter: fast smallies

Good stuff going on here. All this insight on the theories about what works and what doesnt is very intersting for the basic dremelwild guy in the shed. Especially coming from people who have graphs to back it up with.

Keep it coming please!!

What kind of woodoo are the germans doing to their ts1´s to break the 40hp barrier?

Weitere, unveränderte Komponenten sind 35er TMX, 60mm HUb, GSF-Kopf, MB-Kolben, V-Force, 194°/130,5°, ungefräste Überströmer, nichts geschweißt, 68% Auslaß, ca. 18° VZ und Bullet TS1 "stainless". Der Motor befindet sich zum Zeitpunkt der Kurvenerstellung im voll alltagstauglichem Straßentrimm mit Lüfter, Luftfilter, 1:11,8 und 1,6mm QS ! Zylinderbearbeitung von Pipe Design.

translates to something like

35tmx
60 stroke
GSF head 1:11,8
MB piston
Vforce reeds
UNtouched transfers
NOT welded
68% xport width
18deg ign adv
BULLET pipe
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Stokie wrote:Darrell's bringing some interesting stuff to this forum and what look to be some hefty numbers in terms of engine performance figures gained. Who was it who said something along the lines of "that's the most optimistic dyno chart I've ever seen" but has since changed their view.
No arguments from me on that one stokie, i think Darrell is clearly a good tuner and a very clever man.....i did a full 180 degree turn on my opinion of the graph once Diablo verified it, nothing but humble pie from me on that front.

As i said to Darrell himself via PM, he is clearly a very good tuner, and hoped that he would contribute here in a positive and helpful manner......however all i'm seeing in his post is a conceited, vain, condescending and arrogant person. Shame, because this forum is mostly a very friendly and harmonious place, and we work well to share info and appreciate the work of others. I hope Darrell can fit in along those lines, it would be great to learn some new techniques.....if he has any to share.

But if he's just here to write in big, bold, blue letters....argue, pick stuff apart and tell us all that he invented everything, then its clearly gonna p155 a few people off. I don't want arguments breaking out over here like they did on the FS1E forum.......otherwise his stint here may end the same way it did over there. :roll:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
RICSPEED

Darrell Taylor wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:so ...would the use of boyesn ports negate the use of this mod ??

if a boost port is added to an rb barrel for instance

ill answer a few

the last thing you would ever want to do is add a boost port

the boyessen feeds need completely filling in

throw away that ridiculous oversized reedblock and inlet manifold

weld up those auxilary ex ports cause theyll crack anyway,more powerful with less ex area on those transfer designs

and then you'll have a well balanced set up
well bridged exhaust is getting welded up ...but i think i will stick with the boyesen ports for now ..especially as some tuners go to great lengths to add them ...i may be finding out the hard way but i'll suck it and see as they say
sean brady scooters
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:
sean brady scooters wrote: bit silly and pretentious of darrell to say and state that they are his invention and to christen them as such
to be fair he did say friends had called them that sean ;)
ok I take that back then :lol:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

ok so i,m willing to learn as always ..
so are huge transfers a waste of time then ,and also boyasen ports /feeders from the reed block directly into the trannies ?
and so the falc kits can be improved upon then by welding /blocking these up ?
rocho68
Dealer

25 years ive been at the front end of automotive engineering and in that time ive met some very very clever people , ive also learned that there is someone out there that will do something different to the norm and move the performance on , these people are normally very few and most dont tell anyone anything as they treat it like there baby , i now feel that this is getting out of hand , darryl is not a concieted person infact is completly the opposite , he is in a no win situation , when someone knows something more or does somethin different and achieves outstanding results then i want to listen , i own the ts1 that has caused all the fuss ,infact it was the first one he worked on i believe ,no preconcieved ways of doin it 70% exhaust etc etc and i saw what was done to it ,no welding and 39 bhp straight off , i also rode it to the isle of white and back and the people who know me have seen it go cant believe the speed , ive raced motorcycles and have just sold my cbr rr so i aint talkin crap when i say i rung its neck , it makes my gts feel like a pk50 ,so it aint no dyno one run special ! I also no that two other mates own 35 + lammys done by darryl so it aint no fluke .
Can we all just appreciate that we have someone who is in my opinion at the top of his game and we should all use his knowledge and try and get the most of what weve got on here ,this aint no buffoon who aint got a clue ,infact itd completly the opposite !
Come on boys and girls lets just stop the games and take in the knowledge !
RICSPEED

rocho68 wrote: stop the games!
i see your point but no one should simply except what they are told ........id like it to be challenging and thought provoking
rocho68
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:
rocho68 wrote: stop the games!
i see your point but no one should simply except what they are told ........id like it to be challenging and thought provoking
I understand that ,but not the aloof , concieted , hes goin to get banned etc comments , i will keep my opinions on what i think is goin on to myself but i do not like the tone or the sarcasim goin on , its infact its darryl who is questioning the norm not the otherway round ! My ball and takin it home comes to mind !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information