TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

as to worth it id not consider it to be a tool to gain power from more to provide a wider spread and improved overrev also depends what compared to, if its a replacement for a 250 mx ignition/cdi then probably wont see much improvement,youd definately need the dyno to plot the curve for a good result as the carburation can be done in conjunction,a previously well calibrated carb on a std ignition will need adjusting to the new curves fueling requirements
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
MattsDad

Darrell Taylor wrote:
MattsDad wrote:Its an interesting barrel and saw one at Micks a couple of months ago, seems some continental teams were getting 53 from it although their classes are now defunct.

bit of a mix up,the ones im working on are humble aprilia rs125 road bikes that are raced in production classes in the uk
the rs125 aprilia works gp bike puts out around 53 and rev to an insane 14-15k on a special centrally mounted disc valve set up
there a result of a 12 year world gp racing program and represents the peak of 2 stroke race engine development
Agreed, read the thread I got it from a while ago and mostly with a translater and it put knowledge into perspective a little for me. That said, a 35 - 40ish 'road' Aprillia doesn't make much sense to me.

Think someone was working on one to go on a smallframe about a year ago, can't remember who, would like to know how it worked out if watching?
COCKSPEED TUNING
jonny snatchsniffer

that would be wayne miller, started off with the rotax barrel and i think now has the polini barrel on there, last i heard he was sorting out a pipe to suit his port times
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:that would be wayne miller, started off with the rotax barrel and i think now has the polini barrel on there, last i heard he was sorting out a pipe to suit his port times
Tis a nice piece of work.
Mine has Rotax/Aprilia RS barrel. Always up for a few more tweeks.

teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Liking that OZ ! :D
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Thats crackers I love it :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
pro-circuit
Main scooter: lambretta ts1

I used a 2001 cr250 ignition set up which has about 10 degree range and was very easy to fabricate to make fit, the reason i chose this route was due to the accessibility of a programmable cdi which incorporates power-jet functions etc. The main benefit was improved response at lower revs and cooler running at high revs. A question i would like answering is that there is much talk about setting ignition timing in relation to exhaust rpm e.g 7500 for jl4 17 degrees, shouldnt we be looking at peak torque as this is when the cylinder is most efficient? and may be happening at lower rpm-just a thought. :fb:
RICSPEED

pro-circuit wrote: programmable cdi which incorporates power-jet functions
why i was asking about the zeeltronic ..carb i have comes with tps and solonid p j
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
jonny snatchsniffer

here is the aprillia/rotax smallframe build http://vespasmallframeforum.proboards.c ... 934&page=1
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

RICSPEED wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:still got the hardware/software and a programmable cdi if of interest
yes im interested ..any details at all ?
hi ricspeed
I finally found the hpi programmer today along with instructions and the software
the programmable cdi i have is for the inner rotor ignitions so not sure if it fits the rs125
the programmer is used on all the systems and cost me around 400 from memory
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information