TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rocho68
Dealer

camel wrote:
joespeed wrote:
lamy150 wrote:wise words Al,reading through the thread again i can see what the problem really is,

darryl has produced a 37+bhp motor on a 225 no weld but no-one else has,so other

tuners ask how he's done it or want port maps and darryl refuses,think i'd be reluctant

to share my secret aswell if this would be my line of business,cheers

keep up the good work daryl
thats about as close as it gets!
i did state that we need to keep our cards close to our chests if we are going to stop out in front for any length of time!
f@@king computors slow tonight i know i need to see mr taylor about a 'darryl port' to speed it up a little!lol.
all that people have done is ask for proof or pictures of the said tuning,this what the site promotes,non more so than from Sean and Dan,ok if Darryl want to keep his secrets to himself thats fair enough,but dont dangle a carrot infront of peoples faces without backing it up with information,im sure im not the only forum member who is increasingly getting frustrated with the tone of the exchanges.
? why would anyone one to post on a website how he is achieving 10 bhp more than the average tuner on a ts1 , the graphs are there for everybody to see , if your intersted then call darryl , the guy needs to make a living like all of us , can we just move on and get darryl back for some more tuning lessons !!! i want to know what blowdown is for a start !!!! :D
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

As everyone quite finished now !!!, I thought the thread was about tuning...

Get back on topic or ill change history AGAIN
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Stokie

lamy150 wrote:wise words Al, reading through the thread again i can see what the problem really is,
darryl has produced a 37+bhp motor on a 225 no weld but no-one else has, so other
tuners ask how he's done it or want port maps and darryl refuses, think i'd be reluctant
to share my secret aswell if this would be my line of business, cheers

keep up the good work daryl
In other words it's the green eyed monsters fault that this thread turned to s**t

I don't see what relevence someone's activity on a FS1E forum has to this one and I for 1 am not interested in reading why he may have been banned.
Lam46 wrote:Has everyone quite finished now !!!, I thought the thread was about tuning...

Get back on topic or ill change history AGAIN
Leave the posts alone but lock the thread, Dan can start another.
GP240

new balls please!
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
lamy150

Hey Rocho,I know a club where I'll take

You for some serious blowdown,lol
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Well I know Ive been away for a while due to Personal reasons and not really input for a while, so I thought new year new begining etc etc
When I posted the pics of what I have done in past and present I didn't think it would cause such a stir, just thought it would open up a good debate like the old days Hmmmmmm Thought wrong there :lol:

I've been playing around with 2 strokes for 30+ years and tried many things good & bad as a people that know me, can vouch.
They also know how mad I am about the need for speed done in a Traditional way ie no welding.
I tend to keep myself to myself, but people do come to me when they want something different.
I would say that I am a garden shed tuner and have always been, its a hobby that I love and has cost me a lot over the years :evil:

I'm very open in what I do and if people read back in the early days of this site, they would see I openly give conceptual Idea's on how 2 strokes work and the maths to go with it, to Dan, Sean Eden & Ric amusement :lol:

Just to say I've been doing mods like this for some time with good results, I would never say Ive invented anything new as most stuff you see has been done in one form or another in various 2 stroke engines round the world & history.

If people think I've walked over their toes in some way or other I'm sorry, but these pics show my handy work and some ideas I've been playing with, over the years.

I have now had chance to read through all this and the other thread and there is some brilliant stuff coming out here if you read through the rants ;). Which is what I thought this forum was all about. (not the rants)

People have their own views on whats right and wrong in the 2 stroke world which makes for good debate.
One thing here is not to dismiss what people say, but to try and understand why they believe in what they say

f@ck me sound like a philosopher now :lol:

Please lets get back on track :D

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Very well put Smithy :bald:
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

a good balanced post from smithy , an example to all ,
id like to add that ive read many of smithys postings and become a fan, i can see theres a fantastic depth of knowledge and understanding of the workings of the 2 stroke that even lots of commercial tuners dont fully appreciate , im sure it will be rewarding him well in his various builds
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Thanks for comments Chris & Darrell appreciate it
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Smithy the philosopher I like that :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information