series 2 old loom with new electronic kit!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ratty
Main scooter: LI ser3 125 {TS1 230} 1963

hi, i am trying to fit a new li electronic kit but keep my original loom, can anyone help with what wire goes where, the more i look the more confused i get. i had a blue,green,brown from stator into square black regulator (has a coil in it) into that is a mouve,2greens joined together and a brown with a green going to my ht coil from a spur from the loom.the ht coil is earthed on the other terminal. thanks in advance.
how much!!!
Muttley McLadd

How old is the original loom?
Is that a good one to use, compared to a 'new' loom that is purpose built for electronic kits?
CakeAndArseParty
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

as said, as long as the old loom is decent [not all cracked and brittle], then the simplest way is to insulate the two joined together greens, plug the other green that went to the HT into the CDI [this is for killling the engine], join the mauve and brown together and plug into the output of the new regulator. Of course you'll need to change the terminals for this.

best way is to make a new loom for the purpose
ratty
Main scooter: LI ser3 125 {TS1 230} 1963

thanks, its the wifes scooter and its pretty much as it came out the factory she wants to keep as much original as possible.thanks for the info byron will have a go monday and see.
how much!!!
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I fitted a new gp 200 engine into my series 2 and kept the original loom , no troubles at all , just changed the wiring to a gp type junction box and fitted regulator and 12v bulbs , 2 years now and it hasn't blown a single bulb..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information