Does end can stinger make a difference to a Exhaust perform

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
boxofbits

Does end can stinger make a difference to a Exhaust performance

- Got loads different cans may try a few to see

It would seem the stinger size has some effect and length looking at some 2 stroke books but apparently length you need another 150 mm to notice it

Most lamby seem to be around the 23- 25 mm got a aprilla RS 120 can can which seems to be 23 mm and longer may try that and one which is in about 28 off somthing
- I'm not sure the results will be massive but has anyone tried and had any good results
tSR-VN
Dealer

if you mean the internal stinger, the tube that goes from the end can into the main body of the exhaust then so long as it is the same max possible diameter and so long as it finishes no further then the middle of the main part of the expansion then generally speaking no. it helps to keep the noise down.
RICSPEED

you dont want to be going much smaller ,ideally the baffle (brandy snap i allways call em :lol: )wants to be the same size
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
boxofbits

Does anyone know what diameter a JL can is stinger wise?
Fruitjuice

I 'think' a JL exhaust has a 24mm internal diameter stinger, opposed to a PM which is only 22mm.
Changed a JL silencer for a PM one once and holed my piston within 500 miles...
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
rocho68
Dealer

i believed different stingers can effect jetting , temp etc
mnpes

The stinger diameter acts as a type of bleed valve ~ Normal diameters for a lambretta range from 20-25mm ~ This depends on the width of your exhaust port ~ 25mm I find to be the maximum for a un-bridged 200-225 bore

Charlie Edmunds as the stinger length theory in tatters ~ Look @ some of his fabrications ~ There is no doubting the performance of them ~ Revvy or not :o

Been experimenting with different endcans and stingers for a while ~ It"s surprising the differing results using onboard egt/cht & afr digital gauges

A good endcan as been a shortened and modified rg250 item ~ Really quiet and good back pressure

Be careful though ~ Its not always the one that performs best is the right one
"Watch the temperature readings"
boxofbits

just opened up the JL can and it has a 32 mm dia stinger in it -- Seems large and not the same as the inlet pipe -- i guess it will alllow good cooling but why is it so big -- !!
mnpes

The inlet into the endcan is the stinger pipe ~ The pipe in the endcan is the baffle pipe ~ Usually perforated than wrapped with s/s wool or & fibreglass ~ On a 2 stroke the muffler can be of 2 types ~ Straight through pipe perforated then wrapped or 2 separate pipes ~ the seperate pipes allow more back pressure than a single pipe ~ Suzuki rg endcans are a work of heart inside ;)

There are several endcans than can be converted to fit the jl ~ the rg250/ aprilia etc ~ Not only do they sound nicer but they perform well ~ The standard rg endcan is very quiet & performs well ~ With a few modifications sounds sweet and performs better ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information