GORI exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

According to a dealer selling them the quality is up and down and they used to pick the acceptable ones and send back the "seconds" to Gori. Where these seconds end up I don't know, and I've only heard this from the dealer so perhaps should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mine is rusting terribly though and when I ran into Dean at a scooter weekender in Italy last summer he advised to powder coat it in transparent lacquer.

Will sand mine down in the coming month and fingers crossed that a powder coater will accept it although it's been used...
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

victor wrote:fingers crossed that a powder coater will accept it although it's been used...
What's that all about?
Did you have to do that?
victor

DigDug wrote:
victor wrote:fingers crossed that a powder coater will accept it although it's been used...
What's that all about?
A sprayer I know said that some powder coaters wont accept used exhausts since the baking process can melt the carbon guck inside and presumably mess up their production line...
Steve Mac
Main scooter: SX 200

As per Darrels post I have the 40m Gori fitted on my SX200 225 Rapido with porting done by Darrel 22bhp I run it without the end can the 40 m has some internal baffles unlike the 50m where it needs the end can
whilst mine is slighty loud many have commented on how good it souds did Scunthorpe to Brighton this year never missed a beat kept up with TSs motors just had it Chromed by Midas touch made a really good job of it looks really good on & keeps the standard look I wanted

Steve Mac :lol:
victor

Steve Mac wrote:As per Darrels post I have the 40m Gori fitted on my SX200 225 Rapido with porting done by Darrel 22bhp I run it without the end can the 40 m has some internal baffles unlike the 50m where it needs the end can
whilst mine is slighty loud many have commented on how good it souds did Scunthorpe to Brighton this year never missed a beat kept up with TSs motors just had it Chromed by Midas touch made a really good job of it looks really good on & keeps the standard look I wanted

Steve Mac :lol:
Second the comment on good sound; often when rockers on their triumph scramblers manage to catch up with my insane riding at a traffic light they often lean over and shout something along the lines of "Man does that little bike have an awesome sound!" :baddevil:

The Sport (40mm) version is sold WITHOUT end can as it has some stuffing inside it.
DigDug

Not done more than single figures yet but it does sound very different, more of a "Staccato" to it.

They are well made and fit perfectly.
Did you have to do that?
victor

RLC adviced against (of course) getting it from other sources than themselves or PM as the quality could be varying, perhaps the reason why some people in the beginning of this thread has reported issues...

Mine came from RLC directly.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

victor wrote: .....or PM as the quality could be varying, ...
Do you mean Cambridge Lambretta?
DigDug

victor wrote:RLC adviced against (of course) getting it from other sources than themselves or PM as the quality could be varying, perhaps the reason why some people in the beginning of this thread has reported issues...

Mine came from RLC directly.
I got mine even more directly..... http://www.gorielaborazioni.it/exhaustslambretta.html
Did you have to do that?
victor

storkfoot wrote:
victor wrote: .....or PM as the quality could be varying, ...
Do you mean Cambridge Lambretta?
I recall it being PM but that's only from top of my head... Quite sure it wasn't CL that worked together with RLC but they might have imported on the side directly from Gori.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information