af 42mm clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lambrettatastic

does anyone have any experience of the new 42 mm clubman,now has sloping sides i see.had a few fitted before and i have managed to scrape them so at least this should help there ,more from a performance wise ,will the smaller box affect 'performance'....well whatever i will get out of a 175 bored sx150...
bigmuff
Main scooter: matt black indian gp

Just fitted one to my Li150 S2. Running 64mm piston, 60mm crank, 26mm phbh, home ported barrel. Clearance is good, the u-bend is shorter so you can fit cowl on after tightening up manifold nuts. Its on an early S2 casing so the bracket underneath does not line up and I had to bend tail pipe to get that bracket to line up. Also had to file manilod flange a bit to get it to sit flush to barrel. Sounds good, bit louder than the old style 42mm clubman and it revs well. Will put it on dyno once run in. Well worth it for the easier access to manifold nuts and better ground clearance. Shame it wasn't a straight fit but for £100 incuding delivery I'm not complaining.
col@garageartwerks
Dealer
Main scooter: Anima mundi lambretta ts1 225

just fitted one today to linford li's scoot.... they are a bit louder than the old version but great fit and good idea with shorter frontpipe
artwork on feature scooters : exiled,300,pure seduction,future shock,ink inflicted,carter usm,faithful friend,anima mundi,animal,ratfink,serenity,what is and what should never be,von dutch,the lost generation,grim fairytale
facebook 'the garage artwerks'
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

col@garageartwerks wrote:just fitted one today to linford li's scoot.... they are a bit louder than the old version but great fit and good idea with shorter frontpipe
Did that sort the power loss issue Col ?
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
col@garageartwerks
Dealer
Main scooter: Anima mundi lambretta ts1 225

yes andy... fitted a new series 2 exhaust i had here coz i was really at a loss to what else it could be i'd changed everything else and changing the exhaust solved it so paul (linford li) bought a new pipe today
artwork on feature scooters : exiled,300,pure seduction,future shock,ink inflicted,carter usm,faithful friend,anima mundi,animal,ratfink,serenity,what is and what should never be,von dutch,the lost generation,grim fairytale
facebook 'the garage artwerks'
Andy Pickering

:fb:
Linford_Li

Picked up scoot from Cols today with new clubman on goes like a rocket,
not only a dab hand with painting he knows his engines as well top bloke,
if anybody has top end loss of power check your exhaust it could be blocked
Great stuff Col Thanks.
mickdale

i understand that a shorter header pipe will move the power up the rev range - but did you notice a slight loss of low down torque?

cheers
mick
Linford_Li

Hi Mick it pulled great all thru the gears,only thing you have to get used to is the different noise it makes.Iam going to clean my old clubman out if any body has any tips on how to do it much appreciated,Thanks Paul
Andy Pickering

Caustic soda ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information