Testing Lights

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
#1GP200

Saw on the LCGB site that you can wire up a car battery charger to the wiring loom to test your lights.
I`m assuming you put the neg terminal to earth, but where does the pos terminal go.
Do you disconnect the brown from the regulater and connect there or do you have to include the regulater in the circuit.
12v a.c Electronic loom
Also will i damage the horn as it`s a.c.
Hope this makes sense. Cheers.
carlos fandango

Disconnect the brown from the regulator and connect to the positive and earth the negative. the horn should be fine, ive never had a problem ;)
Russ
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Yes ,connect the positive to the loom brown and the earth to the frame.Don't run thru the reg and just a short blast on the horn,it will just tend to buzz , but shows power is there. I use a m/c battery that isn't fully charged as if there is a short in the wiring it won't melt it.
#1GP200

Cheers Carlos and Wack, was thinking that was the case. Bit embarrassed to say i`m an electrician by trade :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information