Dead Mugello

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Magalluf

It´s a bit difficult to see in the photos but what happened is one of the gudgeon pin circlips snapped, what I was wondering is if it is possible to save the cylinder it´s a 186 Mugello.

cheers Steve
nelson pk

Repair and reline. You wont get away with anything less than that in my opinion.
Give Langcourts a call. Should cost around £120 for a reline. Make sure the ports are nicely chamfered when you get the cylinder back as they often aren't chamfered enough after a reline.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

+1
Donnie.
coaster

That looks like it will need a weld repair and boring out before replating. Your cheapest option would be to send it back to Tino as he will throw in a piston for the same price as Lancourts....He is apparently a bit slow though
Skar

coaster wrote:That looks like it will need a weld repair and boring out before replating. Your cheapest option would be to send it back to Tino as he will throw in a piston for the same price as Lancourts....He is apparently a bit slow though
He no longer does this... he just pointed me at Cam Lam, finally gave me some Italian contacts but neither were cost effective.

This is pretty much what happened to my Imola, by the time I costed out the reline, piston/rings, reprofile the head, put some new reeds in etc I decided not to bother. Sold the damaged kit on epay for £110 or so, got the mark 3 Imola from Germany for £400 ish, no brainer really.

/edit

best check your crank too if you haven't already
pasner

Skar wrote:
coaster wrote:That looks like it will need a weld repair and boring out before replating. Your cheapest option would be to send it back to Tino as he will throw in a piston for the same price as Lancourts....He is apparently a bit slow though
He no longer does this... he just pointed me at Cam Lam, finally gave me some Italian contacts but neither were cost effective.

This is pretty much what happened to my Imola, by the time I costed out the reline, piston/rings, reprofile the head, put some new reeds in etc I decided not to bother. Sold the damaged kit on epay for £110 or so, got the mark 3 Imola from Germany for £400 ish, no brainer really.

/edit

best check your crank too if you haven't already
He also gave me some Italian contacts but they werent cost effective.

Magalluf, send me a PM y te explico el asunto ;)
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Just had a TS1 bored to 70.5 and re-coated at Langcourts £169 ! and the ports are sharp :o
Muttley McLadd

There are new GT kits on their way. Would that be a better option for you?

(No language barriers with Rich T)
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information