R1 Shock

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Are these servicable? is there a seal kit etc available?

cheers
frank
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
shocky

yes they can be stripped ive never done it though as regassing cost more than i can get a second hand shock for
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

shocky wrote:yes they can be stripped ive never done it though as regassing cost more than i can get a second hand shock for
I was thinking about this the other day didnt know gasing back up was that
expensive i guess approx £30 :(
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
shocky

i was quoted £45 altho i never followed it up, i have out of approx 180 converted shocks only had 2 fail and returned to me ,one the bottom adjuster poped out and couldnt be fixed the other had oil on the main shaft which i wiped off and fitted to my scooter and hasnt leaked since(i suspect the owner wanted a refund and put some oil there :shock: ), i replaced them both with the nearest shock condition wise i had at the time FOC and even paid the postage back ,as i do it for a hobby i think that was pretty fair :)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
2wheeldeal

Are you sure these need to be re-gassed as there is no value in there? I have stripped two down now and the only pressure released is from the oil pressure of the shock working up and down.
shocky

i was under the impression they were nitrogen/oil filled a bike dealer on ebay was offering this service thats why i never took it any further how far down have you stripped them
rossi46

2wheeldeal wrote:Are you sure these need to be re-gassed as there is no value in there? I have stripped two down now and the only pressure released is from the oil pressure of the shock working up and down.
Thye are nitrogen filled to approx 2-3 bar of pressure, it is filled using a special needle that fits into the canister and they put the gas in that way, a bit expensive when you think about it £45 for a refill !! but I suppose you have to buy the needle !

I wonder if the needles from my race car team shocks will fit ?? could be something in that !!?? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information