Imola query

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TS1-200

Just repairing a mates Imola after is crank disintegrated and took out the piston and damaged the head, sent off for the parts to repair all ok apart from the head, the original one that came off of it looked like a standard side squish head, the new replacement head is a centre squish, has extra fixing holes and has a raised section that will go into the cylinder, question, will this still fit or do I speak to the supplier and see what he says, it would be nice to know before fitting and checking squish clearance, and then have to take it off and then send it back, I assume that the head design has been changed.
Keep on keepin on
Skar

The head you have there is from the series 3 Imola, your mate must have a series 1 or 2 Imola. You can get the correct head from CamLam and probably elsewhere..
TS1-200

Thanks, thats what I thought, it came from Mike Phoenix I`ll have to get it exchanged
Keep on keepin on
jaymarriott
Main scooter: 1961 TV2

I'd go for a standard type 150/175 head and get it machined to suit the piston crown.
Those Imola/Mugello heads are not very reliable, If I come across them I replace them with the "normal" type.

I've never had a problem since changing over.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information