Kawasaki 240cc Conversion

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Supereibar

davidblythe wrote:wiesco doesnt need repegging for piston ported engine

presume you outbid me on ebay last night for that piston :cry:
:lol: Ouch David... Bad news, you are in bad shape there! Might be slacking from Lambretta works...The truth comes out! How are you anyway feller? Longtime no hear? Which one of your gargantuan projects are you on now? Since I have been banned from "THE FORUM" I am so out of tune.

J.
davidblythe

Hi jamie

not bad at all, wondered where you had got too,

still in the garage most nights and weekends, experimenting and learning

are you doing iow this year

the endurance race looked superb fun

regards david
tavspeed

anyone know if you can get these in the ukhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Wiseco-Piston-Ki ... bdfb8c,and are the ring peg positions ok for lammies,cheers all.
tavspeed

tavspeed

not sure,but could be 28.25 deck height,would use it with a vespa ape rod 110mm,dont west coast lambretta use them in their anillhator kit.not bad price,but you could end up with import duty and vat to pay if you get it from the states.
tavspeed

never thought of looking on amazon,i think he charges $28.99 for shipping to europe,anyone know the crack with import duty and vat,or is it just pot luck if you get charged.
i will probaly go with the 70mm suzuki ts 250 piston,which i already have,but mbdevelepments advised me they are not the best piston to be putting reed valve windows in,as i am going to use one of their reed valves.
will still have the option of using the kh piston at a later stage,i think the ring pegs are ok in cast barrels but not ts 225's.cheers all.
turbovan

Speak to Harry Barlow i had a KAWASAKI H2 750H2 PISTON KIT WISECO.
tavspeed

emailed the seller in the link and he will supply one h2 piston $162 posted to uk,i think thats about £100,if you get hit with import duty and vat add 30% cheers all.
mawso

Tav if you wanna go Wossner H2 route I'm in...just need another buyer then! U.S dealers seem to like selling the full triple kit. Would work out reasonable between 3. Can you use an RD400 rod then? Gonna shelve the APE rod for now anyway and maybe sell TS250 piston. If you want an Asso TS1 piston to use with that reed manifold I've got one. Do you still want that layshaft dropping off?
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but i have one of these Kwak conversion engines thats being currently rebuilt andcdoes anyone know what the torque setting is for tightening the head?
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information