Harry Barlow Kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Any word on his kit? Specification - release - etc
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Do you mean the re-worked TS1 barrel?

Harry will be at Wicksteed in the middle of next month, so I'll try and get an update. He has clearly put a lot of effort and money into his schemes, but the end products don't seem to be making much impact on the market. Harry told me at Peanut Duck in December that he would have all the barrels tested, dyno'd and published in Scootering by the spring, but that was Spring 2011 and we are approaching Winter now. :cry:

I would love on of his 250 engines: 71mm piston and 61mm stroke (99mm diamter) crank making 247cc. It has the potential to be a real stump-puller, but the bank of Mum and Dad is a bit over-drawn by their dependants at the moment. :(

I'm not going to lose faith and hope that Harry will get all his developments on the market soon.
Martin
turbovan

Been to see Harry should be ready soon.Got crank 61mm having 235 cc done.Will be used for testing and dyno work can't wait to test it :bouncyeng:
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Thanks for the info.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
gwk
noob
Main scooter: 242

Hi, I am the proud owner of Harry Barlows barrel 001. Which is pictured above.

Harry has built for me a 242cc using a 62mm MB crank, 70.5 MB race tour piston, 35 tmx, jimmers manifold,a top gear box using a spanish Li 150 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, a pacemaker 4th gear and a pacemaker christmas tree. The spocket setup is 19 46, which gives it lots of pulling power and low down grunt. I am using an early MB devtour steel exhaust, with this engine at the moment. But this may change to a JL3 or similar, after testing.

I have just finished running it in. And can truely say, It is well worth the wait.

Now its run in, its going back to Harry for some final testing. :P :P
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

gwk wrote:Hi, I am the proud owner of Harry Barlows barrel 001. Which is pictured above.

Harry has built for me a 242cc using a 62mm MB crank, 70.5 MB race tour piston, 35 tmx, jimmers manifold,a top gear box using a spanish Li 150 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, a pacemaker 4th gear and a pacemaker christmas tree. The spocket setup is 19 46, which gives it lots of pulling power and low down grunt. I am using an early MB devtour steel exhaust, with this engine at the moment. But this may change to a JL3 or similar, after testing.

I have just finished running it in. And can truely say, It is well worth the wait.

Now its run in, its going back to Harry for some final testing. :P :P
Excellent, im really pleased about this, nice to see a new kit that is well researched and tested being developed by a decent tuner.

Would love to know price and availability of these as soon as ANY info is available.

Cheers

Dan
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wezly

Any updates on this? Did it go on a dyno?
turbovan

Just spoke to Harry will be on the dyno next week .So should have print out next week
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information