crankshaft rebuilding

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dirtyhandslopez

Well I've done the searches here there and everywhere, checked all back issues at Scootering, checked all ma' repair shop manuals and I still can't find what I'm looking for.
I seem to remember Scootering doing a tech tip article on building cranks within the last 15 years :P , but damned if I can find it.
I have a man at a Harley shop here who is going to show me how to true up cranks(whack it with a lead hammer) and give me an old style truing stand. I want to have some info to show him first, considering we're going to be doing Lammy cranks and not V-twin tractor cranks.
I know we need to be within a .001, there's different types of out of trues, ya' need yer wedges, presses and dial gauges, but a pictiorial guide would really help me er, picture it.
Anyone got that article or any articles that could help.
I especially need to know where your measuring from? Bearing surfaces? ends? cheeks?
Muchos grassy arse
D
P.S. I had about enough of these new cranks being out of true :evil:
That's not going anywhere...
dirtyhandslopez

A little bumbty here.
No one 'members that article? I must be going mad, 'cause I'm sure I remember reading it.
Any other help or leads would be appreciated. Thanks.
That's not going anywhere...
Rude De
Main scooter: 69 Gp 200 65 Tv 200

I forgot where i put it. And here it is
http://www.ericgorr.com/2%20stroke%20to ... rmance.pdf
Scroll way down to crank shaft Darren
Blymie those are some dirty hands your miniD must look like a screwdriver handle
and your ex says its like having a used shop rag stuffed in ur gob with a hint of orange from the hand cleaner :frog:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information