Strange increase in revs.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
#1 GP200

Hi y`all been away for the weekend on my rapido 200 with a dellorto 26mm and a jl exhaust, scoot ran perfectly ( 70 miles in all ). When i got home i bumped scoot up on the kerb and clipped the exhaust which immediately raised the tickover. Next day i had a look round the exhaust ( cowling still on ) and it looked ok. Scoot started fine and tickover was normal until it warmed up and the tickover rose again. I`m thinking i might have disturbed exhaust stub/barrel seal or dislodged something in the carb. Any ideas ?
shocky

id say air leak on the stub you might have split the weld on the flange or worse still ripped a stud out like i did when i hit a speed bump i got rid of the jl after that and now use a pm 28
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
sean brady scooters
Dealer

sounds like an air leak to me..........maybe caused by a crack etc...........
things expand once warmed up.........so may explain why its ok when first started...........................and a prob when run for a bit...........
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

sean brady scooters wrote:sounds like an air leak to me..........maybe caused by a crack etc...........
things expand once warmed up.........so may explain why its ok when first started...........................and a prob when run for a bit...........

All ties in with something unrelated that, my eldest sons drives a vectra sri and he told me at the weekend it sounds like the manifold was blowing when it got warm..when it was cold it was fine and no blowing at all....
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information