dita the hypocondriac lambretta

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
steve.earby

hi Sean
just to update you took lambretta to Bradford to a guy called Dave Harrison on inspection the cradle that holds in the clutch plates and corks had snapped off at the spot welds he was able to fix it there and then with a new part that was one piece rather that a spot welded piece, got her home took her out today and on the way back from Skipton she died again same as before running along at 50 to 55 when she just lost power and died, on inspection the fuel on tap had broken in the permanent on position so she was not starved of fuel was unable to kick her off again so once more shes back on the trailer which is fast becoming the better of the two buys scooter coming a distant second. cannot see anything untoward looks like I'll not get to Scarborough any suggestions again

steve
steve.earby

just had a diagnostic done at dog speed and found the reason its died again is the same as november piston head that was fitted has scored the barrel and ceased again even though she as only done 200 miles maybe not even that jets in the carb were to big need a new piton head and barrel taken out second morgage canceled my trip to the egg run and Scarborough, good news is just got a sticky manual
J1MS

Sounds like youve bought the special edition, Lambretta moremoneynow Model.... ;) was going to get my panels sign written VISASPEED cus it seemed to feed more off my visa than than it ever did off the fuel in the tank..... :lol:
steve.earby

have you had the same problems
ferritt

Dont take this the wrong way but you say its seized again after 200 miles on a new piston while you where doing 50 -55mph, i presume you have a cast iron kit of some kind, if so it would need running in very carefully / gently for at least 500 miles, (not 55mph after 200 miles).ps. stick with it mate, its worth it in the end, i too have been to that dark place where you are now!!!!
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

Welcome to the my lambretta is a feckin money pit club.
I've had mine for three years the first I ran my Indian GP as standard 150 painted it from cans and went everywhere on it never missed a beat kicked first time every time.
Then I though time for more power
mugello 186
30mm carb
af crank new seals, bearings etc
5 plate clutch
and the b@5t@rd has done around 500 miles in two years the only thing reliable about it now is the unnering fact that it will either not start or breakdown at the most crucial moment
the final straw was yesterday on the way to the club egg run (i was the main organiser) and the beast is flying it's never run so well nad no power the carbs come off the manifold while trying to fit it back on the manifold the fule tap breaks p1551ing fuel over the A80 (one of the busiest roads in scotland) result miss the run and more cash.
So far
clutch X 2
Engine strip down and rebuild X 4
Stator plate X 3
Spark plugs x 5

I'm now thinking of giving up all together and just burning the cash instead it would be quicker and cause less grief in the long run :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
simon

You missed a good day Arfur, sorry to rub salt in the wounds :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have a LI150 bog standard the only thing I did to the engine is put on a electronic ignition, change the oil and new spark plug, have run it for 5 years with no problem, if you want hassle free scootering keep it standard :ugeek:
Arfur

Your right simon the only thing more annoying thamn mine constantly breaking down is the fact that a few mates scoots have been in my garage for repair and now run like clockwork just ordered a new manifold and carb rubber here's hopping it goes ok now :shock: :shock: :shock:
simon

I hear you raised £900 for the school that was great, they were very happy to see us they even fed us hot rolls and cakes :D
Arfur

Aye keep rubbing it in mate :flaming:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information