What Size Holesaw?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

After much thought about the GP - I've decided to keep it.
When JB dyno'd the motor it was without side panels so I have decided to cut a hole in the side panels to keep her running right.

Question - what size holesaw is best for a 35mm Mikuni?, I've blagged a new 63mm Starret of my mate and think this should be ok - am I right?

2nd Question is about cutting through the paint? - Is it best to apply some masking tape to the outside of the panel or just go for it and get some sort of trim to cover the cut panel?.

Thanks as always

Jimmo

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Jimmo,

Did John suggest you cut a hole in the panel? Why don't you try running the scooter with the panel on, and then with it off? See if there is any noticeable difference.

I ask this because although masking tape would help, I doubt if you will make a tidy hole in the panel with any sort of cutter. The panel is too curved to allow you to tackle the job neatly. Sorry to break bad news, but if you can get away without cutting the hole through good paint.

Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information