Better performance....?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I've got a fairly original SX200 and 3 years or so ago when the engine blew up i fitted a 200 mugello, but more importantly to me for reliability. i'm now thinking its a bit sluggish and would like to know whats the cheapest/easiest option to boost the performance ( bit more acceleration/better 4th gear performance ). I have NO desire to have a scooter that will sit at 65/75 on motorways. Its got a 22 delly and a standard ancilloti..........tar..
Muttley McLadd

Cheapest and easiest is to eat less and exercise more, to improve the power/weight ratio.
CakeAndArseParty
cezeta

tim, you could improve the sluggello by using a 60mm crank or replace it with a rapido 225 with a ron moss clubman and 24mm mikuni through the air box or any of the above.

or wait for the ron moss kit which is dearer

my advice though is use parts unmodified off the shelf to get what you want then if it brakes you get another ups d to you door and bolt it on. or alternativly leave your engine with a tuner untill you are too old to ride the f@@king thing and when it goes wrong you ll have to kiss ass untill he fixes it.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Muttley McLadd wrote:Cheapest and easiest is to eat less and exercise more, to improve the power/weight ratio.
This is my next go faster add on.. :oops:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Deff loose the 22mm carb.You could even get a bit more by trimming the piston skirt.Loose 0.5mm off it to begin with.
What are the timings of the 200 Mugello? Dont hear too much off people happy with Mugello 200/225 performance.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Timbo, whats the milage on those rings, Im assuming theyve never been changed?
Donnie.
mickdale

speak to a tuner who may "adjust the ports" to slightly increase power and torque.

harry barlow is not expensive just to tweak a cylinder and can do a good touring tune to get the most from the top end, as i suspect all the other known tuners
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

If you didnt blend and polish the ports when you fitted it then do that for a start, then fit a larger carb, maybe 28mm delly, you could also take 2-3mm off the inlet side of the piston skirt, i also lifted and wide,nd the exhaust port slightly, it still only does 70mph [gps] but pulls well and is still a nice smooth ride.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I briefly ran a Mugello 200 on a Lynx 200 with an AF Clubman and a 20mm SH. It was like you say, poor in top gear. I sold it but I think with hindsight it may just have been unable to pull the 4th ratio gearing :idea:
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

How much are Mugellos now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information