Wont turn off!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
firekdp

Lam46 wrote:To be honest i think its the weak fuel feed..it all ties in..im just an impatient bas+ard, running AS atomiser and i should be running AV..

(The AS atomiser is suitable for a PHBH type carburettor. It is slight longer than an AV type which makes it slightly weaker than an AV one with the same number. The higher the number the richer the atomiser.)
So it's probably pre ignition then.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

firekdp wrote:
Lam46 wrote:To be honest i think its the weak fuel feed..it all ties in..im just an impatient bas+ard, running AS atomiser and i should be running AV..

(The AS atomiser is suitable for a PHBH type carburettor. It is slight longer than an AV type which makes it slightly weaker than an AV one with the same number. The higher the number the richer the atomiser.)
So it's probably pre ignition then.
Looking that way matey..I HOPE..well spotted there sherlock :lol:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sean brady scooters
Dealer

ok matey.............
its the one in the body that the needle valve goes into...........controlled by the float height...............its what limits the amount of fuel into float bowl.............
it may be possible to see the numbers on it without having to remove it..................
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Andy Pickering

sean brady scooters wrote:ok matey.............
its the one in the body that the needle valve goes into...........controlled by the float height...............its what limits the amount of fuel into float bowl.............
it may be possible to see the numbers on it without having to remove it..................
I will have a look in morning..its brand new came with carb (red tip) if i remember correctly is it 2.5 standard? (MB site) if thats what you mean.
Andy Pickering

Just stripped the carb down and removed float needle valve..No markings on it indicating size...but roughly measuring the hole in the center with tape measure and one eye closed LOL it looks like 2mm...but cant be 100% certain.. plug was dark and wet?
Just fitted AV266 Atomiser as its arrived and it shuts down on the ignition :bouncing: ..wont go for a ride just yet as i feel i will have to change the valve to 2.5(standard fit for this carb) which i presume is(2.5mm) and the 2.0 is (2.0mm).

Left it ticking over for 15 mins and all seems fine..dropped main to 122 little change so might go back to 125...Plug light brown..done a few plug chops and colour stays the same although a little wet. :mrgreen:
Andy Pickering

Right told you I was impatient..Been for a blast ran great smooth responsive opened up in all gears and no lag no splutter at all, quick off the mark in first no loss of revs at all just picked up to top revs pretty quick so now for the MOT hopefully next saturday, should have been today but been waiting for the carb to be sorted and hopefully now it is :frog:

After ride took out plug..BURNT me fingers :flaming: ...Plug dry and chocolate brown :mrgreen: ..even got the Mrs to tell me what colour she thought it was, brown she says..what kind of brown..like sort of a chocolatey brown...That will do for me..

Will keep an eye on it though..and it turns off everytime on the ignition :bouncyeng:
Ricko

Glad you got it all sorted, been reading the post with great interest, nice when someone posts to say all is well.
Wish everyone would do this, then we would all learn more and it helps everyone!
Rick.
Andy Pickering

Ricko wrote:Glad you got it all sorted, been reading the post with great interest, nice when someone posts to say all is well.
Wish everyone would do this, then we would all learn more and it helps everyone!
Rick.

:smug: :bouncyeng: :bouncing: :bouncyeng: :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncyeng: Just polished it to :smug:
Ricko

Hope you mean the scoot!
stockcar

maybe he was saying thanks to the missus.............. 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information