TS1 Clutch explosion!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

Was up at JB tuning at weekend and fitted the Franspeed Race pipe to the TS and got it dyno'd.
Well pleased with the results - but?.

Went out earlier for a blast and suddenly lost drive - rang a mate and got recovered!.

Had the casing off and found that the clutch circlip had escaped from the clutch bell and all the plates had made a bid for freedom.

This has happened before but only as I didnt locate the ears of the circlip within the basket properly.

I did fit a 5 plate clutch within a standard basket before I had JB tune so all I can think is the clutch cant cope with the extra performance.

I'm looking at the AF 6 plate kit as a replacement - Is this the best option as I dont want to add casing packers etc.

Advice wanted as usual!!

Jimmo
J1MS

If you can afford the AF cassette clutch, then I think it will be well up to the job.
jimmo
Main scooter: Lambretta GP TS1 230 JB

The AF 6 plate cassette looks the real deal - but at 400 quid its not cheap.

But as i done my b@11@x on the rest of the engine, I want to buy once with the knowledge that its the best and can easly cope with 26hp at the rear wheel.

It aint cheap for a reason!
;) ;) ;)
RICSPEED

jimmo wrote:The AF 6 plate cassette looks the real deal - but at 400 quid its not cheap.
they do look a cracking peice of kit though :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
stafford

they are the mutts nutts the cassette clutch, just take a bit of getting use to as they sre a bit like a moto crosser either in or out no dragging the clutch or revvin the nutts out of your engine to get the thing moving
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I have an Af clutch in my rb22, works great very easy to use no slip or drag, I had to free up the clutch lever to get any ride on the clutch tho but well worth the money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information