Imola running

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I wouldn't have thought your set up is going to be completely wrong if it's recently come off a dyno run that only said it was running rich at 3000 revs. I can see from a previous post that you had it dynoed at PSL in Kirkby.

So, did Pete give you the dyno printout that shows the air/ fuel mix and which, I would presume, spikes around 3000 revs? Did he say you need to change the jetting, or did he say it's a minimal spike and just ride through it?

In my opinion, I think the person whose said that an x2 isn't compatible with a Lambretta is just confusing the issue for you. I've seen plenty of Lambrettas with x2 needles set up on both AS266 and AV266 atomisers.

Having said that I can't believe your set up is that far wrong, most TS1s on a PHBH 30 will have pilots ranging between 50 and 58.

If you're not going to take it back to PSL, trying a 55 would be an idea. Just don't wang it at wide open throttle and then drop off the revs quickly :D . Just go up and down the gears and see whether it responds better. If it runs a bit better you should then try dropping the needle clip down 1 to richen it slightly mid range to compensate for the weaker pilot.
Jeff T
Main scooter: GP150 & LI150 S2

Yeah Pete gave me the print out and I had a chat with him on Friday and with the set up I have he thought I needed to run it a bit harder and also maybe change the spark plug. So grow a pair and ride it :D

But I still think it's to rich for when I am at low revs the plug was that black I couldn't start it and had to change the plug and that was after a 40 mile run, so was looking for other ideas, your right the X7 comment this morning completely threw me but think I'll drop the pilot down and see it goes.

Cheers for thr help.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Jeff T wrote:.......it runs really lumpy when cold with the choke to the point I can turn the choke off after a couple of minutes. Also when ideling it smokes a bit.
Another thought. Each scoot has it's own characteristics, and the length of time you need to keep the choke on changes with the weather. But, I've never had a scoot were I've needed to keep the choke on longer than about 30 seconds before I move off ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information