SIP Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
heliscoot
Playstation gamer tag: heliscoot

Got email back from sip directly. End of august they'll be available
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

good man:
might finish my GP by the years end then!
I've got gauges and lights all over the serveta toolbox at the mo: tidying these up no end with the speedo: nanucci toolbox copy- incorporating rev/cht in the speedo itself, getting rid of eht, and moving tomtom to mirror mount on RHS nissin lever.
Then having my fuel and batt condition lights as leds in my indian Headset top.
Hulk
Main scooter: Li series 3 TS1 230

Got a SIP speedo a couple of months ago and after spending some considerable time fittting it it looks MINT,I did have problems with it though, the soldering on the wires to the display button was so week both broke so I had to remove the rubber cover (which now wont go back on) and re solder them to the mini mini circuit board, going out on scoot I found the speedo worked for about 5mins then went crazy saying I was doing 124mph and somtimes shutting down altogether, I found out and not through SIP that one has to use a resister spark plug. Having done this simple change it so far has worked perfectly, smart looking, clear read outs and accurate speed read out which my lamy has never had. There cheaper from SIP than over here by about £40 just need to wait for Dan to get my engine back in now :frog:
Spursy
Main scooter: Series 2 Bgm Race-Tour

Had mine on for over 300 miles now ,, spot on all works ,,,speedo works a treat, checked with gps was only 2 mph out , did succ out it was the temp sensor that caused the readings to freeze ,, however if you take the heat sensor off it worked ,,,,,,,,,,,spoke to a guy from sip on the phone and he did say i had to use a resistor plug ,, which is now on ,,, the new add on will be out soon ,, the speedo update ,, no speedo cable required ,,, works off a magnet on fork and hub
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Mine fitted easily in a GP headset, not so in an SX so I've read. Is there a problem with a S3 Li (looking at Spursy's Li above I'm presuming it was ok)? As I've just ordered another. :oops:
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

sideout wrote:Mine fitted easily in a GP headset, not so in an SX so I've read. Is there a problem with a S3 Li (looking at Spursy's Li above I'm presuming it was ok)? As I've just ordered another. :oops:
Fitted mine today (SX headset) and it fits a treat.
kejj

Tried to fit mine in my Li Spesial 150 headset and it touches the forkclamp tube, the gear change pulley and the cables on the front of the speedon touches the bottom and need considerable force the change direction early up. so the top wont sit on the bottom headset with all these problems.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Isn't the Li150 special headset the same as the SX headset? I wonder why one "fits a treat" (10" Terror) and yet kejj has fit problems. Could it be a chrome ring/non chrome ring issue? Perhaps kejj & 10" Terror can tell us what they have their respective machines.
Wish I could get a definative answer on the fit issues as it's the only thing stopping me ordering one (that and the "out of stock" situation with the optional speedo sensor).
kejj

The thing is that I tried it on my 1965 LIS non chrome ring. And again on my 1962 tv175 chrome ring. On the TV it wouldn't even fit to the headset, too tight.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I should of said really! Mine is fitted into a set of Scootrs dropped SX bars, as i said, fits a treat. Fitted nicely into the headset and plenty of room once screwed down. Pete
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information