SIP Digital Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

rbgaz wrote:sef its cable job so it still tell u u doing 80 when really u only doing 60
koso uk do a very small gps speedo
Why?
It's the standard Lambretta speedo that's inaccurate, not the cable or the drive :-?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
AUSSIE

out of interest does anyone know the ratio of the worm drive and the size of the thread that the cable screws onto?
koso and aswell do an adapter that has a square drive to go into a worm gear that fires an electric pulse
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

soulsurfer wrote:
rbgaz wrote:sef its cable job so it still tell u u doing 80 when really u only doing 60
Why?
It's the standard Lambretta speedo that's inaccurate, not the cable or the drive :-?
mmm think id choose dig or gps rather than a lamy speedo cable or drive lol p.s i hav box full of speedo cables if u wanna buy them
soulsurfer

rbgaz wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:
Why?
mmm think id choose dig or gps rather than a lamy speedo cable or drive lol p.s i hav box full of speedo cables if u wanna buy them
I don't need any as mine works perfectly well with a Smiths chronometric speedo which is as accurate as my GPS, which proves my point that the cable works perfectly well and I see no issue with this method on the SIP speedo, after all it's used on many a modern bike today which also use a worm drive of similar design.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sydduckett

Gary i dont want to bolt anything onto the headset or leggies, i know you like the back to the future look but im more of a less is more kinda guy... ;) :D
sydduckett

AUSSIE wrote:out of interest does anyone know the ratio of the worm drive and the size of the thread that the cable screws onto?
koso and aswell do an adapter that has a square drive to go into a worm gear that fires an electric pulse

Thats interesting i think the worm drive is the only part that might let the new SIP down, but im hoping being german they have ironed out these issues.. :)
lockman69

I use the MB digital speedo and its bob on (checked with sat nav)...after a few initial problems I am now very pleased with it... It might not be so visually appealing as the Sip speedo, but you do get used to it....
sydduckett

lockman69 wrote:I use the MB digital speedo and its bob on (checked with sat nav)...after a few initial problems I am now very pleased with it... It might not be so visually appealing as the Sip speedo, but you do get used to it....
did they do away with the rev counter on the new ones?, heard that it was causing problems so they ditched it...?
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Yes they did Syd.

I had that problem on my first one. My second one had the rev counter also, but another problem came up with a fading readout.

I think MBD are going to go to a new manufacturer. (but don't quote me on that).
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

soulsurfer wrote:
Why?
Have to agree with that. The worm drive has a fixed ratio governed by the wheel rotation, the only slight variable is change in wheel diameter due to inflation/wear/centrifugal(petal) effects. The top end is the problem, which hopefully the SIP one will address.
Oh, and because it's promoted/sold by a German company that doesn't mean it's made in Germany. (Did somone mention Vietnam?) :|
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information