Under the crankcase cover.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ricko

This one remains a puzzle, after my first posting of Kickstart Slipping, (which you may have to read for this to make sense.) ;) from the feedback given I can now confirm that all is 99.9% correct and working without any issues. But get this guys, I didn't find anything wrong, but did take everyone input on board even left the kickstart shaft with the engineers blue on the end!
With the case on and tightened up, the kickstart turns the motor over without any slipping whatsoever! However fit the spark plug and you have a differant outcome, one slipping kickstart, when you can get a full swing the motor starts and runs fine........Question is why? :?
Is the compression to high? it's only a iron 175 stage four, big bore clubman nowt special. If this could be the problem how can I lower it, without too much agro? :)
Do I have a problem looming elsewhere and if so can anyone shed some light on the matter, as Im stumped!
Did say I would report back my findings, just wish the problem was resolved fully!
Rick.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

so its just clutch slip..............
you need to beef up .........new plates/stronger springs..........
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Rick

See my PM

Basically I thought I had cured mine with careful adjustment, but its started again- when it does fire its fine- no slippage under load.

I'm going to do a clutch and spring swop when I get time, and I'm fairly confident that should sort it (Oh God what have I said........... :shocking: )

I wouldn't worry too much about the compression- I'm sure its plate/ spring related

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
jonny snatchsniffer

could it be the front sprocket cam slipping ? the cam might have a shallower rise one side, ive had the bolt come slghtly loose and suffered the same thing although i didnt realise till it came through the chaincase, but that started as a b@5t@rd to kick over and got to the stage where it would do it under load, which was in about 30 miles
Ricko

Thanks for the replies guys,
Put new vep springs in, might try a centre one as in stickys.
New Indian clutch coming out then and replace again with something else, wine bottle corks eh? at least that way I can have some fun emptying the bottles!
Cheers Rick.
Ricko

:D Everythings great! Fully working kickstart, replaced the cheap indian clutch plates, found the top legs of the inner bell had a rag on them, :o dremelled this off, :roll: assembled the clutch, checking that each plate was free from burrs and that they moved freely.
Case on four nuts just to check kickstart alls well! :D :biggrin: Fit all nuts to caseing fill with oil, exhaust and runner on.
Started third kick..........don't ya just love it when a plan comes together! :P
Thanks to all for the support, outcomes a good un.
Rick. :bouncing:
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Nice one Rick- I'll have to get mine apart sooner rather than later...........

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information