Mikuni TMX30 or 35.....or 27. 240 advice and where to buy.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Agent Buchwald

Having reached the end of human endurance with various Keihins has anyone got any experience with either on piston ported engines. I'm thinking the 35 will be too big, ace carb though but I'm after any advice, seems there's a mid range weakness on the bigger carb and is the 30 the solution.
Any help much appreciated and also where to get one from, thanks in advance.
peter357bikes

Put a TMX 30 on my Imola 186 runs great(now) bought it from Allans (google them) got the jettings sorted from carbs set-ups off here an LCGB site. :bouncyeng:
Agent Buchwald

Thanks for that, it's heading that way and Allens are good when you can get someone to answer the phone.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I tried the TMX35 on my RB but have since changed to a TMX30pj and i like the fact that you can change the atomiser on it, i,ve a mate running a TMX32 on a RB and it goes well, might be worth you looking at that for your 240. I bought 3 TMX35s from jet200 in the states and even including P&P they were cheaper than i could buy them here, also you could try Jersey scooter centre, i,ve bought off him before and i got a good saving due to the tax system in the Channal Isles as it was sent as a gift ;) .
Dryballs

I've been running a TMX30 for the last few years on my ts1 230 and have been really pleased with it - fuel efficient and still makes loads of power.

HOWEVER! tonight I was playing around because I want to run an air filter - I have a breathing sweet filter that I havent been able to use on the 30 as there isnt the panel clearance. I fitted a TMX32 I've had set aside for another project in conjunction with an LTH manifold I was already running. I havent run it up yet, but there is clearance for africa! I cant imagine it will be any harder to set up than the TMX30 was? - I'll let you know on that.

Looks likethe TMX32 will be the choice of carb for me from now on.
Agent Buchwald

TMX32 could be the ideal size - it's to go on a cutdown but the next project is full frame so the extra few mm could swing it. Thanks for the help, I'll get onto Allens on Monday and do a bit of pricing. Cheers.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

reading this with intererest.... have mikini made an atomiser kit for the tmx? I cant see an atomiser on here. If they have done something then this carb becomes viable.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Mikuni_T ... 5C1642.cfm
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I cant see the Atomiser on there Tony, but as far as the TMXs ive had you can only change the atomiser on the TMX30, not on the TMX35, its a bit swings and roundabouts mate, atomisers but few needle oppstions for the 30, needles but no atomisers for the 35 :? .
Agent Buchwald

That is an option having read what you've posted before - I'm going to speak to Allens about the airstriker, cool name for a carb, and see what they suggest. In theory the pWk is the perfect carb for a Lambretta but just can't get them to run consistently enough to get close with the jetting.
I know I could just stick an Amal on it and it'd run fine but I like a challenge, well I like a bit of a challenge, the PWKs have defeated me.
koomwah

The atomisers are changeable on TMX30 and 27 as these are essentially the same carb, the 32 is the same as the 35 so no atomiser.

Needles are available for the 27/30 as they use the same sizes as the older tm28.

I run a tmx30 on my monza 240 and it runs great, comes with a lean atomiser as standard though, which needs changing!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information