Mikuni TM 24 bogging down with breathe sweet filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rakki
Main scooter: sx|px|rally×2

Does anyone know about possiblities to convert the slide/needle configuration, so that needle is kept in place with just the spring and a plate? Similar set up is used on Dell'Orto PHBH's and probably in many other carbs. That would would help to make adjustments a bit faster.

Also the carb bottom with four screws is a pain in the arse, but one bigger screw would probable make the carb too tall.
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Do you take your carb off? do you use forceps to hold the spring back?

Or do you do all in situ?

I'm not sure why you would need to back the cable off.. :?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

You guys are lucky I can't even get my one on , the blurb says that it fits under panels , well mine won't . If I fit it then put the panel on it squashs the filter and rubber bit then deforms the panel it's that tight . For £45 it's a rip off cheap foam filter and even cheaper blue 90 degree rubber bend . It's being sent back to cam lam with a demand for a refund !
Honeymonster

Corrado, I ran my RT 220 through an AF clubby last night using the P-6 but the EGT was showing 650 deg at low throttle, switched to the P-8 and maintained 568 deg on crusing at low throttle, just a comment that might be useful but I have taken the slide cut-out to 3.7mm to lean out the lower range, using the breathe sweet filter also.
Ian
dirtyhandslopez

That stupid little plastic bit that retains the cable inside the slide is a b@5t@rd.
That's not going anywhere...
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

dirtyhandslopez wrote:That stupid little plastic bit that retains the cable inside the slide is a b@5t@rd.

Why?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Honeymonster wrote:Corrado, I ran my RT 220 through an AF clubby last night using the P-6 but the EGT was showing 650 deg at low throttle, switched to the P-8 and maintained 568 deg on crusing at low throttle, just a comment that might be useful but I have taken the slide cut-out to 3.7mm to lean out the lower range, using the breathe sweet filter also.
Ian
Are you using the 5N13 needle Ian? Did you try other needles?
dirtyhandslopez

red ghost wrote:
dirtyhandslopez wrote:That stupid little plastic bit that retains the cable inside the slide is a b@5t@rd.

Why?

It never wants to come out easy mate, specialy if there isn't an adjuster on the throttle cable and you haven't got a pair of forceps handy. Or I am doing something terribly wrong :wtf:
That's not going anywhere...
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

JOHNNY wrote:You guys are lucky I can't even get my one on , the blurb says that it fits under panels , well mine won't . If I fit it then put the panel on it squashs the filter and rubber bit then deforms the panel it's that tight . For £45 it's a rip off cheap foam filter and even cheaper blue 90 degree rubber bend . It's being sent back to cam lam with a demand for a refund !
Mines fitted with an MB manifold and piece of car hose all off that very nice man Martin/Corrado,I take it you are using a TM 24? The breathe sweet filter is the one off camlam for a dellorto/jetex 22 .fits under the SX panels bob on
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Honeymonster

Corrado, yes I have the 5N13 fitted, also have a 5N14, 4DH7, 5J8 and 5J20. The problem with other needles, other than the 5N14, is the start of the taper, which is up to 3mm higher than the 13 so all richer than wanted. The needle diameter before the taper is the same on all jets, hence needing the differing atomisers, not as simple as the PWK's JJ* range where the diameters change in relation the last letter ref.

Ian
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information