are all new drum brake shoes crap??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

im beating my head against a wall trying to get new front drum brakes to lock up at speeds over 10 mph. old drum brakes used to be lethal!! fitted modern shoes to my jet 200 and they just dont seem to be as "grabby", tried all the usual reverse pull and clutch lever instead of brake lever mods. anyone out there got a few tips or suggestions of a brand that offers the best performance. :cry:
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Ferodo brake shoes for the rear
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

Makino pretty crap...............
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
mickdale

ferodo are by far the best but i will regret saying this as they will sell out or double in price
Diablo
Dealer

I've heard some people swear by indian brake shoes saying that they wear fairly quickly but work well.
Old but good original innocenti brake shoes are often still better than some aftermarket shoes. Asbestos is deadly but its bloody good in brake shoes.
It takes time but you get good results by sanding high spots in the shoes untill you get as much of the shoe as possible in contact with the hub lining. If you have a spare front hub gluing emery strip to the lining and rotating on the shoes with the lever pushed slightly on saves having the shoes on and off loads.
handofdave
Main scooter: li ts1

have been told by cambridge that the makino ones are the best(see their site) and thats why charlie edmonds uses them in his racer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information