Big Thanks To Ray & gang at Af's

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

AF have been decent with me in the past and thankfully their investment into the TS1, Rapido's and RB's have all helped our addiction.

I guess the answer to the big end lubrication problem could be in the type of 2 stroke that's used. I know oil acts at different temps and has different properties so any oil that gets onto the bearing must be able to stick onto it more :?

Perhaps AF could track the type of oil that's getting used in the failures instead of the %.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Lamaddict wrote:AF have been decent with me in the past and thankfully their investment into the TS1, Rapido's and RB's have all helped our addiction.

I guess the answer to the big end lubrication problem could be in the type of 2 stroke that's used. I know oil acts at different temps and has different properties so any oil that gets onto the bearing must be able to stick onto it more :?

Perhaps AF could track the type of oil that's getting used in the failures instead of the %.
You could be on to something there, I was using Rock oil Synthesis fully synthetic.
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Rock oil synthesis Injector **?!* a really good engineering motorbike firm by mine who do a lot of work on high end performance 2 strokes asked if i used rockoil when i showed them my eaten gudgeon pin

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 51#p107351

stopped using it anyhow
potato
Lamaddict

jonashford wrote:
Lamaddict wrote:AF have been decent with me in the past and thankfully their investment into the TS1, Rapido's and RB's have all helped our addiction.

You could be on to something there, I was using Rock oil Synthesis fully synthetic.
A few years ago I was warned about Rock Oil not being good enough for Lambretta tuned 2 strokes .

Surely someone on here must know more about what oil to use on RB's from people that have had plenty of miles on the kits at speed etc. Some oil but I can't remember the type but probably the fully synthetic type doesn't burn off so quickly at high temps and I guess the RB's will get very hot etc.

I'm running a tuned SIL barrel so I put any old crap oil in but the timing and carb jetting are conservative ;)
bsso78

Personally i think Silkolene Pro2 is the best oil to use.
I always used it for racing at just over 2% i.e for every 5 litres of fuel 6 litres on a 2% mix jug.

Ive been using Agip Speed or Cross for a while but have gone back to Pro2 now,its expensive at £18-£20/litre but as you dont need to use as much it can actually work out giving you more mileage than using other oils at 4%.

In my opinion if you are going to run a high performance motor you shouldnt be using anything else.
lozmondo

Dont AF sell Rock Oil, but also advise against the use of Silkolene ?...Problem with oils are that for everyone that criticises one, someone else swears by it :roll:

( Motul 800 & Castrol XR77 are prob as good as you can get)
bsso78

Thats why i said personally and in my opinion.......
Everyone has different opinions and ive found that Pro2 works for me and never let me down doing a bit more than average road riding.
lozmondo

and I was agreeing..I meant to put a :D at the end of my brackets....
carlos fandango

Well i was using putoline fully synth when both cranks went, as recommended by a certain dealer who doesn't rate Rock oil ;)

Personally, i find most dealers recommend the oil / parts they sell. ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
J1MS

carlos fandango wrote:Well i was using putoline fully synth when both cranks went, as recommended by a certain dealer who doesn't rate Rock oil ;)

Personally, i find most dealers recommend the oil / parts they sell. ;)
Think you could be onto somthing here.

Three oils that I have used up to now with no problems.

Rock oil Synthesis.

Bellray MC+

Silkolene Pro 2
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information