Installing gear cables

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simplex

Hi
Have just dropped a new standard 200 into my frame.. put neutral and tightened up cables.. can go through the gears ok apart from neut to 1st.. there is no "click" and it feels like its barely in although it does pull away.. undid all and put in 1st .. moved gear selector to 1 and tightened up .. and same issue..

The gear swivel arm nearest the wheel was in the forward position for 1st gear.

Any simple reason why the transition from Neut to 1st is appearing to be a bit vague.. doesnt feel good.

Just to check .. cable on the front of the handlebar wheel selector goes to the arm nearest the wheel

Thanks
vespanic

Not sure about your gear problems but re cables it's correct. Front to back and back to front-it always helps me :lol:
Fireman Ash

ARE YOU SURE THAT THE GEAR SELECTOR ARM IS IN THE CORRECT POSITION AND THAT YOU ARE IN FACT IN THE GEAR THAT YOU SAY OR THINK THAT YOU ARE? I SAY THAT AS I HAD A PROBLEM WHEN TRYING TO GET MY NEUTRAL LIGHT WORKING (SERVETA), TURNS OUT I WAS IN BETWEEN 3 & 4TH!! :o
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Is the swivel arm mounting bracket overhanging the sidecase as it should, or have you got it the wrong way round?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
simplex

Swivel arm overhangs (as per Sticky).. after a few miles it does appear to be a little better ..maybe just needs some wear.. I would add though that it doesnt seem a lot different from what was in there before ( a poorly performing 175).. will have a go at jetting it up tomorrow..
Thanks for the replies
Fireman Ash

Is it a SIL 200??
simplex

Yes it is

Running it in atm..
25mm DelOrto.. RS Exhaust..

Barely goes uphill in 3rd.. (not wanting to wind it back after only 150 miles).. anyone have any Jetting ideas for this set up.. as a starting point

Regards
Fireman Ash

try www.smellofdeath.com for carb and jetting info.
It may help
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

simplex wrote:Yes it is

Running it in atm..
25mm DelOrto.. RS Exhaust..

Barely goes uphill in 3rd.. (not wanting to wind it back after only 150 miles).. anyone have any Jetting ideas for this set up.. as a starting point

Regards
Ive just changed to 30mm dellorto from 25mm dellorto with Rscoot exhaust..no jetting problems now, it seems a difficult carb to set up and not a lot of info about on it
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information