SIP or AF Tubeless rims??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
justbretta

I'm looking to get a set of tubeless rims and was looking to see what peoples thoughts are on here. I know both AF and SIP make them, but is anybody running with them and what one would you say are the better of the two?

Also does anybody know if you can get wide tubless rims or if there are any in the pipeline?

cheers
soulsurfer

SIP is without doubt the better rim.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
CANbus

Without changing the topic, do these rims need special tyres, or will the norm be ok?
11111111 = 0xFF
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

CANbus wrote:Without changing the topic, do these rims need special tyres, or will the norm be ok?
No,ive had fitted Conti twist 100/90-10 on my AF rims.
mark

Having used all 3 types of one piece tubeless rims the sip ones are by far the best and you can refit tyres no problem yourself when needed.
As long as you use a tubeless tyre(stamped on sidewall) you will be ok
drew2

does anyone know if these rims will fit a sanderson
hub (twin disc type),or do they only fit standard
lambretta hubs?????.
RICSPEED

yes apparently so ,dont know about sip ones but af are (supposed to be) doing a wide version
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

drew2 wrote:does anyone know if these rims will fit a sanderson
hub (twin disc type),or do they only fit standard
lambretta hubs?????.
Doesn't fit the PM tuning singles but I'm fairly sure that the twin fits as the discs are slightly smaller and the caliper misses the valve which isn't the case with the single. The only problem is that the PM discs don't use standard hub studs so the bolts fitted are not long enough and the SIP studs don't fit the PM hubs. I'd contact Frank at Lambretta Innovation or send him a pm on here to see if he can supply correct length and strength bolts and for confirmation that the SIP rim definitely fits. He's had a SIP rim supplied by me so I'm sure he'll know what bolts are needed.
Robi D

When I spoke to Frank last week, he believes the single disc will fit SIP rims I just need to get some longer socket head cap screws for the hub.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Robi D wrote:When I spoke to Frank last week, he believes the single disc will fit SIP rims I just need to get some longer socket head cap screws for the hub.
Sorry Frank, the single I have doesn't fit, the caliper will hit the valve, the outer edge of the caliper is level with the bolts on the hub and as you can see in the pictures of the alloy wheels the valve is on the same circumference as the holes for the studs.
I did show Frank a SIP Vespa rim that was still using a rubber valve, he may have said this this would fit if the valve was reveresed, but that style has never been an option for Lambrettas.

I'm refering to the billet type PM tuning discs as I know they do various styles...

So as you can see the caliper will definitely foul on the valve in those pictures.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information