RB Cylinder repair

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

mark wrote:get a new piston and send to langcourts (thats who the dealers use) and it comes back in les than a week like new
Langcourts f@@k up when they plated my RB barral, it had to go back a second time :x .
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

Have to agree with eibargum , sent mine away to be repaired and they f@&k it up , repaired barrel bit of welding then replate , lasted all of a mile before the plating came off where the repair had been carried out and trashed another piston , not cheap at £160 a pop ! What makes it worse was we sent two barrels down so I had a twin of mine to swap to if anything ever happened to mine , so two went down two came back different sizes, so couldnt even use the spare barrel ! and the cheeky feckers even charged for there cock up ! Not happy! would never use them again !
mark

they are the only one in the country to do nicasil lining so you will be buying new every time then
mark

i thought they only did ceramic coating ,i stand corrected :oops: :P
Ian Hepworth

mark wrote:i thought they only did ceramic coating ,i stand corrected :oops: :P
They only do ceramic. Given the choice I'd go ceramic.
mark

any chance you can explain the benefits and pitfalls please , i have heard of both both not had it explained in common english . im sure others are interested as well
Ian Hepworth

mark wrote:any chance you can explain the benefits and pitfalls please , i have heard of both both not had it explained in common english . im sure others are interested as well
choice is more to do with who does the plating really. I don't know enough about the differences to explain.
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

Were hoping we don't have buy new again, but you don't just buy a rb barrel at 270 cc of the shelf. If anything happens again then we'll go ceramic
voicey

Cheers for all the replies folks. Yes my barrel needs re-lined, the nikasil plating has been damaged in four separate places. I tried honing it but it's beyond it. Thanks again guys.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information