RB Cylinder repair

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
voicey

Hi folks, due to my own stupid fault I've managed to seize my RB225 this afternoon. I've stripped it down and unfortunately I won't get away with just replacing the piston. My question is, who is the best person/dealer for me to send the barrel to for it to be repaired/re-lined as necessary?

There aren't a lot of people advertising this type of work, so I don't have a clue who to send it to (someone who is well recommended).

Any help will be much appreciated folks, thanks in advance.
RB Spain

sorry to her about your seize, i cant help you with your question, may be you can help me what carb and what jetting was you running i am running a RB same as yours , and dont whant the same probs, cheers Shaun.
coaster

These get good reviews and were mentioned in Scootering some time back I believe
http://www.langcourt.com/
leigh

jb tuning done mine, they also did work on it as well but they can get just the plating done if thats all you want.
willwander

You can send it to langcourts if it needs a replate, unless you know what your doing I would go to a dealer like ChiselSpeed or JB. You might even get away with a clean in an acid bath, you will only need a re-plate if the nikasil has chipped/flaked.
Last edited by willwander on Sat May 28, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
turbovan

Harry Barlow
ABC
Main scooter: mk1 t5

pj enginering in wendsfield if its beyond replating they can fit a steel liner for about £150
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

ABC wrote:pj enginering in wendsfield if its beyond replating they can fit a steel liner for about £150
http://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Cylinder ... eving.html
Diablo
Dealer

There are only two places do this everyone else will just send them to either of these.
Aptech 01452300800 for ceramic lining
Langcourts 01934 612226 for nicasil

Aptech more expensive but I think better.

PJME very kindly did a very bad job on a barrel of ours recently and then left us to put right their cock up. It aint the first thing they've ballsed up either. Very bad aftersales.
mark

get a new piston and send to langcourts (thats who the dealers use) and it comes back in les than a week like new
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information